Heart Surgery Moved to Wednesday!???! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Heart Surgery Moved to Wednesday!???!

Hello everyone, You probably didn't expect to hear from me before the middle of next week, but needless to say my surgery got postponed until Wednesday morning of the 23rd. It was sort of bazaar how it happened. I arrived there at 9:AM and checked in. They took me back to the pre-op room where I got undressed and put on that gown that your butt hangs out. got into bed and then got shaved (chest, stomach and only the inside of my legs all the way down to my ankles. My legs look ridiculous. Hairy on the outside and smooth as a baby's butt on the inside.

Anyway I was all set to go and only had to wait for the surgery that was taking place ahead of me to be over. My wife ask the pre-op nurse if she knew how far along the first surgery was. She checked on her computer and said it was taking an extraordinarily long time. This was around 10 minutes to 12 noon. At noon a guy walks into my room and says he was the doctors assistant and that the doctor wasn't going to be able to do my surgery. They couldn't tell my wife and I if something had gone wrong with the first patient because of the privacy act so we assumed that maybe something had gone wrong. We knew that it was taking way too long though. The assistant said I could get dressed and go back home. It was very strange. I have had 5 other surgeries (3 knee, 1 back and 1 arm) and never had or even heard of anyone being canceled after they were already prepped and ready to go.

I was mentally prepared to get this done on Friday. It takes a while to get your mind in the right frame and then to have this happen resulted in a weird hollow feeling. If the guy in front of me died I wouldn't want the doctor to try to do mine after such a terrible thing. If the robot arm broke, I am grateful it wasn't during my surgery. I just felt empty for several hours. I went out and had a few drinks last night to help relax. (Red wine) Anyway I wanted to update everyone on what was going on.

They promised that I will be the first surgery on Wednesday morning. I have to check in at 5:30 AM and will probably go into surgery between 6:30 and 7AM.

Thanks everyone. You support help me get into the right mind set prior to my intended surgery. I just have to work up to it again, especially if the first guy died in surgery. I sure hope that he didn't. They said the fatality rate is only 1 in 1000, but you never know.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #2 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

hang in there bro

post #3 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Everything happens for a reason my friend and this is no different. Wednesday is your lucky day. Relax and take it easy until then.
post #4 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Everything happens for a reason my friend and this is no different. Wednesday is your lucky day. Relax and take it easy until then.
That is exactly what my wife said. She said I wasn't supposed to have it and God wanted it moved. So I wait...

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #5 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Don't Stress Ur self out, it wasn't meant to be at that time.. Wed will be Ur day and Everything Will work out for the Best!!!!! Still in our Prayers..

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #6 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member

Geez, talk about a roller-coaster of emotions. Hang in there, it's definitely not something you want to go through unless everything/everyone involved is good-to-go. At least you get to show off your sexy shaved legs for a few days.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #7 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCam1 View Post
Hello everyone, You probably didn't expect to hear from me before the middle of next week, but needless to say my surgery got postponed until Wednesday morning of the 23rd. It was sort of bazaar how it happened. I arrived there at 9:AM and checked in. They took me back to the pre-op room where I got undressed and put on that gown that your butt hangs out. got into bed and then got shaved (chest, stomach and only the inside of my legs all the way down to my ankles. My legs look ridiculous. Hairy on the outside and smooth as a baby's butt on the inside.

Anyway I was all set to go and only had to wait for the surgery that was taking place ahead of me to be over. My wife ask the pre-op nurse if she knew how far along the first surgery was. She checked on her computer and said it was taking an extraordinarily long time. This was around 10 minutes to 12 noon. At noon a guy walks into my room and says he was the doctors assistant and that the doctor wasn't going to be able to do my surgery. They couldn't tell my wife and I if something had gone wrong with the first patient because of the privacy act so we assumed that maybe something had gone wrong. We knew that it was taking way too long though. The assistant said I could get dressed and go back home. It was very strange. I have had 5 other surgeries (3 knee, 1 back and 1 arm) and never had or even heard of anyone being canceled after they were already prepped and ready to go.

I was mentally prepared to get this done on Friday. It takes a while to get your mind in the right frame and then to have this happen resulted in a weird hollow feeling. If the guy in front of me died I wouldn't want the doctor to try to do mine after such a terrible thing. If the robot arm broke, I am grateful it wasn't during my surgery. I just felt empty for several hours. I went out and had a few drinks last night to help relax. (Red wine) Anyway I wanted to update everyone on what was going on.

They promised that I will be the first surgery on Wednesday morning. I have to check in at 5:30 AM and will probably go into surgery between 6:30 and 7AM.

Thanks everyone. You support help me get into the right mind set prior to my intended surgery. I just have to work up to it again, especially if the first guy died in surgery. I sure hope that he didn't. They said the fatality rate is only 1 in 1000, but you never know.
**** man, I'm so sorry to hear you have to have surgery at all, CyCam. I'm sure everything will be fine and your wife will take awesome care of you!! After the surgery, may you get well quickly and back on your feet so you can drive again real soon!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
You have not shown yourself to have reformed from your previous ban, and continue to create secondary accounts. If you continue, we will prosecute using DMCA anti-hacking laws.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #8 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Sounds like Envy AND your wife are correct! Relax and be thankful that you have so many people who love you. We have your back side!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #9 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCam1 View Post

Had my heart surgery in 2007 so i know what you are going through.

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #10 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
At least it wont be a long prep time... I would be anxious if that happened to me... Enjoy the weekend

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page