do you have monthly cruise nights in your area? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

do you have monthly cruise nights in your area?

for us, cruise night season is starting back up this month. i dunno about you guys, but down here from March-October there are multiple cruise nights each weekend. there are 3 going on this Saturday, but we'll probably only go out to one of 'em cuz we aren't much for "cruise hopping." we like going to them cuz they are a chance to hang out with our car buddies that we sometimes don't get to see otherwise.

who else on here does cruise nights every month or weekend?

our hearse club co-hosts a cruise night with our local Fbody club on the 3rd Saturday of the month. the first one for the season is coming up next weekend (3/19) and maybe we'll get to see some of the Baton Rouge krewe again *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

here's some pics from our October 2010 cruise night when some of the Baton Rouge folks came out. this is pretty much how our cruise night looks each month. hard to get pics of all the cars at once due to the way the roof i was was standing on is shaped, but you get the idea

i spy CajunCamaroChic's car!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #2 of 24 Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 AM

I don't attend it, but our local McDonald's has one on the first Friday of each month from the spring to late fall. It's real nice, when the Hot Rod Nationals roll into town in August.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 AM

There are a couple a week in our area. There's one at A&W on Wednesdays, a monthly one at a local Shari's which is a good one (200+ cars), and generally an annual one that falls on a weekend throughout the summer. We used to have on at the local Taco Bell once a week, but it was mainly a younger crowd with lots of imports, that got shut down due to the behavior. I try to make one or two a month, but weeknights can be tough for me to find time.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
post #4 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 AM

Cruise Night season around here runs from late May to early September, and, within a 20 mile radius of my house, there is at last one event happening every night of the week.

The biggest event is at the Solon Commons, in Solon, Ohio, with 200+ vehicles in attendance each week. The event officially starts at 7pm, but the lot is usually full by 5:30. In 1996 Car Craft magazine named the Solon Commons event #6 on their Top Ten Cruise Nights list.

Scooba Steve
post #5 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

nice shots Selena , we cruise and get together quite a bit on our own and there a cruise nights all the time here

post #6 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Premium Member

Garage
The blue and white 5thgen looks large and in charge compared to the rest of that row!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member

every wednesday night in the summer...

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #8 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I'm sure there are some in the DFW area but I have not found any yet!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #9 of 24 Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Supporter of common sense

Every night of the week there are a few cruise nights around the Metro Detroit area during the season - love the Motor City

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #10 of 24 Old 03-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I Heard that there was one in Pensacola, Fl on weekends, Just have not been able to find it..

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page