Columbia River Knife and Tool - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Columbia River Knife and Tool

I bought a CRKT Wild Weasel assisted opening knife some years ago. It was good, until one day the spring broke. I thought, "No big deal, it's American made and has a lifetime warranty" and arranged to send it in for repair. "No can do" I was told by CRKT, but we'll give you full retail credit for anything from our catalog." I thought "Cool" and when the catalog arrived I ordered a Notorious assisted folder. It arrived. It was so stiff that I almost tore the skin off my thumb trying to open it. Looking at the box, it's made in China. Figures. That explains why the angles on the mechanism are so crooked they look like they were done by a drunk monkey with a file. I contacted CRKT again, and explained the defect. After telling my how to press on a thumb stud to open the knife , I got instructions to ship the defective knife back. I told them I'd rather have my knife with the broken spring back like I asked when I found out the wouldn't repair it At least I could use it, and if that wasn't possible, I wanted a refund. What good is a lifetime warranty when they replace it with a piece of crap when it needs a part? All it needed was a new spring, and it screws together. How hard could that have been?

The company is CRKT.

Columbia River Knife and Tool, and I will never buy another product of theirs again.

Piece of garbage company.

Don't buy their crap. They obviously care nothing for quality.

Kershaw here I come. American made.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #2 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 06:45 PM

Try a Havalon Knife made in the US of A.

http://www.havalon.com/the-piranta-knives.html

or a more traditional Fred Carter Gigand Knife

http://www.havalon.com/fred-carter-knives.html
post #3 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Believe me, the quality of workmanship on this knife is awful. The angle where the blade rests against the spring is far too steep, and nowhere near true, making it all but impossible to open. I doubt there's a parallel mating surface anywhere near the spring mating surfaces. The edge looks like it was done on a belt sander, and the liner lock mates with a crooked bevel against the base of the blade.

What a piece of crap. The design looks sound, and probably would have been a really nice knife, but poor quality control in that third world toilet China ruined this knife.

They replaced a $130 American made knife that was butter smooth and fast with this? Some warranty.
They USED to make good stuff, now all they do is resell Chinese crap.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

Last edited by patriotpa; 03-12-2011 at 02:53 PM.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member

I've had 2 CRKT M16-series knives and I love them. I lost the first one so I immediately bought another. It's flawless and does everything I ask of it. Plus they have an awesome support system..if you lose any screws/clips/etc. you can order them online for free and have them shipped for free. I messed up the clip on my old one and had another one in a week or two.

Then again..it was a $50 knife I paid $16 for. But I <3 it. Best pocket knives I've ever had.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page