Ever Have One of Those Days, Weeks, Months, Years?? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Ever Have One of Those Days, Weeks, Months, Years??

so i'm looking for some ways to have some at home enjoyment that doesn't cost alot of funds for the next 6 months

long story short we've had $11,000ish worth of unexpected expenses hit us in the past week and it's putting a big clamp on hobbies and fun for the next few months.

it's had me down all week trying to figure out how to get through the next few months cutting expenses every way from sideways that we can and it's made me realize that we are going to be stuck at home basically for the next 6 months not going out doing a whole lot of anything

normally it wouldn't phase me as i'd curl up with books and just read, but even my book fund is getting slashed

spring is still a bit off but even at that we're going to run out of things to do around the property to keep us entertained and free from boredom.

so aside from the regular yard work/house work what do you guys suggest for home body activities that cost little to no funds??

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #2 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Public Library.. Board Games.. Walks.. Work out at home..

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #3 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0cmj View Post
Public Library.. Board Games.. Walks.. Work out at home..
we don't have a public library (first time i'm cursing acerage living lol)

might get the wii fit set back up and start a work out routine that's a good idea thank you

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #4 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

I would say the wii is a great idea. I like trying to take walks with my dogs lol..sell stuff on ebay ...

Paint your house?

Rearrange your furniture?

Paint pictures?

Paint your toes!

Make fun hats!

Do some photograpy!

post #5 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 PM

I'm living "one of those years"... in a couple weeks I won't even have a home to have "that at home experience" at

Scooba Steve
post #6 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry to Hear that Kitty, Hope things Get Better Soon!!!!! Well there's a lot of Good Ideas out there, especially the Wii... Just keep Ur head Up & Think Positive....

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #7 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

awwwwww heavyweight i'm so sorry to hear that you are having a rough go too

and mandy thanks for the ideas too. i love taking pics so maybe i'll flood the forum with pics of my car once i can finally get it out of the garage lol

just rearranged the furniture last weekend, and thank god the house doesn't need paint right now. that would be another expensive adventure. i still have some wicked blue toenails from mexico woot woot.

post #8 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM

If you have a digital camera, photography is fun to play with. Doesn't cost to have pictures developed and you never know what you'll end up with. My nine year old daughter won 1st place and some money at the fair with some she took and decided to enter them.

2010 2SS/RS VR Artic White Stripes M6, 69 Camaro coupe 383 PB PS Air Tilt Auto Thorley Headers
post #9 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM

Sorry to hear of the tough times hopefully they get better soon. Coming from the perspective of a poor college student, I suggest some kind of art (photography, drawing, etc....as suggested above), also it may cost slightly more for the initial investment but learning an instrument is very time consuming and very rewarding. I would suggest guitar/bass, you can find one new or used for very reasonable prices (<$100 in some cases) and through the use of the internet or a couple of beginner books you can teach yourself for free.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
post #10 of 22 Old 03-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
i still have some wicked blue toenails from mexico woot woot.
I need mine done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page