caught in a little snow tonight - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

caught in a little snow tonight

Was at a friends house hanging out with their family, due to a recent death. people start to leave and we notice its sleating pretty hard. i say my goodbyes and get in my car already knowing its a bad idea, but i go anyway. Slippery isnt even the word, but it is manageable, til i start up a hill and slower and slower. Had to turn off tc because there was no power getting anywhere, so that did the job, just a scary ride home, lots of sliding.I get home clear out my driveway real quick and walking back to my car, there is condensation on the inside of both light housings. Any one else have this, and my best bet is to just take it for the dealer, it has to go in for a service anyway. That is all, just a little rant

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #2 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Veteran Member

You won't get better at it until you do it.

RWD + Winter doesn't bother me anymore.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
You won't get better at it until you do it.

RWD + Winter doesn't bother me anymore.
I've said out before and I'll say it again... I prefer RWD in the snow.

Scooba Steve
post #4 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odoylerulez55 View Post
Was at a friends house hanging out with their family, due to a recent death. people start to leave and we notice its sleating pretty hard. i say my goodbyes and get in my car already knowing its a bad idea, but i go anyway. Slippery isnt even the word, but it is manageable, til i start up a hill and slower and slower. Had to turn off tc because there was no power getting anywhere, so that did the job, just a scary ride home, lots of sliding.I get home clear out my driveway real quick and walking back to my car, there is condensation on the inside of both light housings. Any one else have this, and my best bet is to just take it for the dealer, it has to go in for a service anyway. That is all, just a little rant
You must be running the P-Zeros. I ran Scorpion Ice and Snows all winter and they are great. Then I bought some new chrome summer wheels last week and could not wait so I put them on with my summer tires. Last night we got a dusting of snow. Wow are those tires BAD in snow! Almost turned around and kicked the wife out of her car, (ya right). Have you ever walked on ice with dress shoes? Same thing.

2SS/RS L99 A6, RotoFab CAI, Kooks LT headers w/High Flow cats, Borla CAT back, Heritage grill, SmartMirror, ABL lighting, drilled and slotted rotors w/Hawk pads, 400 watt amp.

Life is too short to drive an ugly car.
I bought mine from Camaro Scotty!
post #5 of 8 Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I dont mind driving in the snow and ice, just prefer not to with this car. The P-Zeros cant hook up at all, and the traction control actually does more bad then good. Once it starts cutting power just has to be turned off. Hopefully before next winter ill have some snow tires

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #6 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM

The P-Zeros don't like cold either. This morning it was 20 deg and on dry pavment at 65 MPH, I nailed it and the back end was ALL over the place. Wow.

2SS/RS L99 A6, RotoFab CAI, Kooks LT headers w/High Flow cats, Borla CAT back, Heritage grill, SmartMirror, ABL lighting, drilled and slotted rotors w/Hawk pads, 400 watt amp.

Life is too short to drive an ugly car.
I bought mine from Camaro Scotty!
post #7 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 AM

I actually prefer to drive the Camaro in snowy conditions over the Camry with all seasons.

I do have the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and snow tires, and I haven't switched to the P-zeros yet.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyWeight View Post
I've said out before and I'll say it again... I prefer RWD in the snow.
X2!

I hate FWD in the snow, much much prefer RWD.

However, since I've now experienced AWD in the snow/ice - I'll take that over either one!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page