PC Gamers: Who's got Crysis 2? How is it? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

PC Gamers: Who's got Crysis 2? How is it?

Thinking about purchasing from Steam, but a price of $60 gives anyone pause.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #2 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member

I've talked to a friend of mine who owns it..he says it's severely dumbed down from the first one. He says it's pretty much a direct console port and a lot of the things don't work right. Which is sad and pathetic..since Crysis 1 was all about the PC and how awesome it makes games.

I was looking into buying it myself..but ehh..
There IS a Crysis 2 demo if you want to try it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
I've talked to a friend of mine who owns it..he says it's severely dumbed down from the first one. He says it's pretty much a direct console port and a lot of the things don't work right. Which is sad and pathetic..since Crysis 1 was all about the PC and how awesome it makes games.

I was looking into buying it myself..but ehh..
There IS a Crysis 2 demo if you want to try it.
That's what I was afraid of. Kind of like what Bioware did with Dragon Age 2. These studios realize by dumbing down the controls and the game interface, they can shorten the development cycle, and on top of that charge $60 at retail for a game that most of its audience (console gamers) won't ever own. The big $$ are in rentals -- PC gamers tend to purchase, not rent (1-time purchase = less profit).

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #4 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
That's what I was afraid of. Kind of like what Bioware did with Dragon Age 2. These studios realize by dumbing down the controls and the game interface, they can shorten the development cycle, and on top of that charge $60 at retail for a game that most of its audience (console gamers) won't ever own. The big $$ are in rentals -- PC gamers tend to purchase, not rent (1-time purchase = less profit).
Yep.
Plus dumbing down the controls and all that = makes console players happier.

I also hear the MP sucks..I was going to get the MP demo but passed since it's only like 4 person games.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
post #5 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM

Weird, Lu. Just yesterday I asked someone about the MP and they seriously described it as the best MP of any FPS they've ever played.

I just bought it for the PS3 as I've heard some real terror stories about Homefront, so I skipped it for Crysis 2. A lot of people I've met are giving it rave reviews.
post #6 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

That's for PS3, we're talking PC.

Same game, different audience.

Quote:
post #7 of 39 Old 03-26-2011, 07:35 PM

The MP comment was PC not PS3.
post #8 of 39 Old 03-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I played the "leaked" full dev-game and even with the huge amount of bugs (still in dev & always ran in dev mode) it was fantastic. The closest thing to a fully destructible environment that I have seen so far... Graphics are stunning (assuming you have the hardware) with the new CryEngine 3. Better implementation of the nano suit/controls IMO. Plus you can upgrade the suit! There are new weapons etc, and nice/plenty of transitions from inside to outside environment.

The controls were full fledged (tho a bug stopped key reassignment). I wouldn't think they would then reverse course with the controls...

My copy should be here any day now....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #9 of 39 Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

Alright I actually traded in some old games for it because a certain group of friends picked it up, and I wanted to play with them.

I will admit the game looks good, It's up there graphics wise.

I think the game is horrible, first off, don't even bother downloading the demo they took the servers down as soon as the game released. I downloaded the xbox demo and couldn't find a match, so I tried the PC and guess what...no matches....

I never played crysis 1 but I think this game sucks. The controls suck, 1 or 2 guns rules multiplayer, and I believe the games are 6v6 atleast for xbox. You have a split second to activate your armor or your dead in 2 or 3 shots, your "energy" drains so fast you constantly have to stop sprinting and I think it really slows the pace of the game down.

Not to mention, it's buggy...loading screens sometimes appear with the "Insert game text here" and stuff like that... /facepalm

I'm and hour or 2 into the campaign and I can't go any further. It's so bland and repetitive. I'm not a big fan of sci-fi shooters but I rather play Halo reach..... that says alot.

Like I said, I can't compare it to crysis 1 but somethings are better off just being left alone. (Left on PC)
post #10 of 39 Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

I loved Crysis 1..nothing like hurling chickens at attack helicopters. Or chucking boat engines at koreans.
I never finished though..got close and had to reformat my computer..same kinda crap happened when I almost finished HL2.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page