I Sold My.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-27-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I Sold My....

2008 Yamaha VX Deluxe Waverunner

i only rode it 3 times last year when i lived in Tulsa, and do not see myself using it this year, except maybe once on a family lake vacation in June that we can only go to for the weekend.

i bought it new in 2008 a week after my parents told me i couldn't have a motorcycle. i had a few friends with water-crafts, but due to the economy they lost their jobs and sold there stuff for the cash. so i was left with no one to ride with after 2009 and buying another one for my wife to ride would not be wise in my situation right now. maybe when we have kids and a few friends with boats, we will buy a pair of fairly new pre-owned PWCs.

you know what they say, "The happiest days in a boat owner's life is the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it!"

this was taken the day i took it home from the dealer 3 years ago:
I Sold My....-n8362407_46244850_8576.jpg

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #2 of 16 Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Good move. I hate PWCs; riden them a few times and I felt discontent after getting off. No where near as fun as a bike and I feel a boat of any kind is more versatile.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends and family members with boats. They always ask, why don't you get one? My answr; because you have one.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

You said you it wouldn't be a "wise move" to buy another one yet you were seriously thinking about selling your car and buying one that will probably cost around twice as much?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 16 Old 03-27-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
You said you it wouldn't be a "wise move" to buy another one yet you were seriously thinking about selling your car and buying one that will probably cost around twice as much?
my wife mentioned getting another PWC so we could ride together, meaning we would have 2 of them... but i would MUCH rather have cars than water-crafts!

kinda lost interest in it really! it's fun for about an hour, then i'm bored and wanna go home.

the $6000 i got for it is going straight into my savings account at the bank... that money is for our first home.

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #5 of 16 Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Coughsuperchargercough

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member
post #6 of 16 Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member

Money down for a first home is the best way to go
post #7 of 16 Old 03-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member

i had 2 skis that i sold last year. after having the camaro, i just didnt have time to get them out on the water. on a nice warm sunny day, id rather be in my pool or driving the car. so the skis left. congrats on getting rid of them.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #8 of 16 Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 AM

I went through two phases of PWC's, about 10 years ago, we bought two, had them for about 2 years, and sold them, and got back into boats, last year I bought two again, we enjoy them because it saves me from uncovering the boat and untieing from the dock to go mess around, but I'm thinking about selling them this summer and sinking the money into my Cadillac, that's more important to me, as long as I have the boat, it doenst much matter.I bought them more for my son, but he'll be workng at hershey Park this summer, so my guess is they will just sit. Last summer my best buddy and I went to buy some oil for mine, he came home with a brand new Sea Doo RXT-X, it does 72 stock, it is by far the craziest ride I've ever had on water, way to fast.

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

post #9 of 16 Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodster56 View Post
I went through two phases of PWC's, about 10 years ago, we bought two, had them for about 2 years, and sold them, and got back into boats, last year I bought two again, we enjoy them because it saves me from uncovering the boat and untieing from the dock to go mess around, but I'm thinking about selling them this summer and sinking the money into my Cadillac, that's more important to me, as long as I have the boat, it doenst much matter.I bought them more for my son, but he'll be workng at hershey Park this summer, so my guess is they will just sit. Last summer my best buddy and I went to buy some oil for mine, he came home with a brand new Sea Doo RXT-X, it does 72 stock, it is by far the craziest ride I've ever had on water, way to fast.
thats cool, mine topped out at 60 mph, plenty fast for me on the water. i can't believe the ones they are making now. yamaha has the FX SHO Cruiser which is an 1800cc supercharged two seater with cruise control

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #10 of 16 Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
thats cool, mine topped out at 60 mph, plenty fast for me on the water. i can't believe the ones they are making now. yamaha has the FX SHO Cruiser which is an 1800cc supercharged two seater with cruise control
Yeah, I can agree 60 is plenty fast, heck my Baja only turns mid 60's, my buddy that bought the RXT-X was looking at the Sea Doo IS with the suspension in the seat until we spoke a few that owned them and really didnt like them, but your right, they have cruise conrol, no wake buttons, guess cup holders and radios are next..lol! I hit 63 on his and left off...no way in hell I wanted to hit the water at that speed...funny thing is when you turn on the sport mode it prints up on the dash" Tell passenger to HOLD ON"...lol Other thing is once you start talking $13,000-$15,000 for a jet ski...I REALLY loose interest!

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page