Wild hogs invading Fort Worth - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Wild hogs invading Fort Worth

Feral hogs invade neighborhood, destroy property

Quote:
It's illegal for residents to shoot a wild hog within city limits.

Turek called a trapper who told her it would not make sense to have one trap at one house. He then recommended she call her homeowner's association and ask them to put traps in the entire neighborhood.

"You hardly ever trap them all," said Capt. Neal Bieler, a Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden. "You may push them out of an area, and they may be gone for a year or two, and they could show up again."

The City Council is looking into ways to help homeowners keep feral hogs away because they have become a growing problem for the city.

But the council is concerned about how to fund a new program, as well as the amount of time it will take to implement it.

Turek said she is at a loss.

"We've got to have some help," she said. "We don't know what to do."
SOLUTION: Make it legal to shoot a wild hog within city limits. Pretty much guarantees they don't come back, and then of course there's bacon.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #2 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Wild bacon.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member

post #4 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
mmm bacon

Scooba Steve
post #5 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I'm wondering when Envy's going to have to start shooting to keep the hogs off the lawn.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #6 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

that's nuts... but the upside is free bacon for the whole neighborhood.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
I'm wondering when Envy's going to have to start shooting to keep the hogs off the lawn.
Im not sure she has the heart to get herself fresh bacon.
post #8 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

I got a BLR 257 Roberts, a 12ga Gold Fusion with 3" slugs, & itchy trigger finger to lend to the cause.

If things got real desperate, I'll load my Sweet 16 with 2.75" Super Mags packing 1oz of buckshot and breakout the Henry rifle.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #9 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member

ROFLMAO funny you post this

As I live on the edge of the city limits in Ft worth ( no where near where this neighborhood is ) I get home tonight and have a piece of paper taped to my door that says if wild swine comes across my property I have the right to shoot it as long as you bring it in to the parks and wild life and you are not aiming at someones house.
As I currently live on the edge of Ft worth im sad to say no hog has come on my property as of yet however if he does and causes problems I got a
30-30 Winchester , 10 guage , 45 and Glock9 which will tame his ass and make him the official mascot of moderncamaro lol
I also have 6 home made pipe bombs from the 4th of July and 1 stick of dynomite which is 19 years old ( dont ask ) Good conversation piece

With the rapid growth of homes being built it is chasing animals out of the woods into neighborhoods. I guess you can't blame it on the animals however I sure as hell am not sitting here waiting for some Pig to charge me lol
post #10 of 27 Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Hogs are part of everyday life in the country, and have killed many, many hogs over the years. Since I live in Hurst, the hogs do not get near here but they are everywhere at the ranch that is 90 miles N East of Ft Worth. I have 6 hunters on the ranch year round leases and it is part of the aggreement that they help harvest these pigs.

Three killed about every week, largest bunch was 14 at one time in a trap I built in an older corral, we shot them and hauled them to people in need of food in the areas around Jacksboro and Bridgport.

They really stink...I mean really smell bad!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page