How lucky can one person be when buying a car? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

How lucky can one person be when buying a car?

How lucky can one person be when buying a car? Better yet how stupid can a salesman be ?

Imagine being in this situation and owning this......even if it is a Ford.

THATS BIG COMING FROM ME

Funny part this happened right here in DFW

How one lucky Mustang enthusiast bought Boss 302 #0001 | Mustangs Daily
post #2 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

I read the article on Jalopnik that was actually written by the guy that bought that car. It seems like it's been a huge headache for him. He's auctioning it off right now as a two for 1 deal. Pay that one off and pay for another one, and the person can have 0001. I think that's pretty reasonable of him.

I don't think the salesman or dealership were stupid. From his article he had sent alot of business the way of that dealership, and they were returning the favor.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 AM

What luck.
post #4 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
I read the article on Jalopnik that was actually written by the guy that bought that car. It seems like it's been a huge headache for him. He's auctioning it off right now as a two for 1 deal. Pay that one off and pay for another one, and the person can have 0001. I think that's pretty reasonable of him.

I don't think the salesman or dealership were stupid. From his article he had sent alot of business the way of that dealership, and they were returning the favor.
I first saw it on the news here the other night. The dealership called back to buy the car back when they realized what they sold lol OMG get it back we could make big $$$$$$$$$ on that .

Funny thing the news said it sat on the car lot for 3 weeks before a phone call was given to the owner saying the kind of car you are ordering is right down the road from you.

When he pointed it out to the salesman this is Car Vin 001 the dealer said thats of that color....thats why I say idiot salesman

Yeah the owner said on the news he feels abd using this car as a daily driver and toting the kids to and from school in this car. All he wants is to sell it and get another 302 and have it paid off. Keeping it in a garage for years to come isnt a option as this was all he could afford.

I'm shocked Ford didnt send this car to Barrett Jackson.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Owners post on Ebay after he decided to sell it. I guess he still has it.

driving around the streets some where in Texas

Ford : Mustang | eBay
post #6 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:41 AM

So for all the enthusiasm the mustang guys seem to have, how did this car slip threw the cracks so easily? Do you suppose the first ZL1 Camaro will just sit in a showroom somewhere without attention? I doubt it. I would have expected some big time mustang guy to have drove it off the line because he paid major bucks for the honor to do it. Weird stuff but **** lucky for that guy to get it!

sicker than most.
post #7 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepwr View Post
So for all the enthusiasm the mustang guys seem to have, how did this car slip threw the cracks so easily? Do you suppose the first ZL1 Camaro will just sit in a showroom somewhere without attention? I doubt it. I would have expected some big time mustang guy to have drove it off the line because he paid major bucks for the honor to do it. Weird stuff but **** lucky for that guy to get it!
What's one more official special edition Mustang? I mean hell...How many official special editions do they have, or have they had in just the last 2-3 years? There's only one special Camaro right now, the ZL1.

I personally believe the BOSS 302 is the best special edition they've ever offered. I love them.
post #8 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

wow! he could be sitting on some big bucks there...i would sell it for double the price and then buy another one. stupid dealership....i do like the boss 302 though. not really the looks...more or less the concept.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #9 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

WOW. only if that was my only mode of transport i'd drive that.otherwise i'd leave it in my garage with 0 miles.build a hi po motor and swap it and take the bone stock one out and when i'm ready to sell i'd reinstall the stock motor with 0 miles on it.Dude is incredibly lucky

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #10 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
WOW. only if that was my only mode of transport i'd drive that.otherwise i'd leave it in my garage with 0 miles.build a hi po motor and swap it and take the bone stock one out and when i'm ready to sell i'd reinstall the stock motor with 0 miles on it.Dude is incredibly lucky
why would you build another motor to drive the car? why not just buy another boss? it would be worth it in the long run.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page