Why I'm proud to be a CAMARO driver. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
CJP
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Why I'm proud to be a CAMARO driver.

Camaro has been in my life since I was born. My Father had a 1967 Camaro SS and kept in garage kept for decades. At a certain point him and me went to work on restoring it. It took eight long years of work. During that time we went through loss and two deployments to Iraq. Also during that time I bought a 1998 V6 Camaro. I know the V6 gets a lot of grief and jokes thrown at it. No matter, without us V6 guys, the V8’s would be out of business. Melissa “Tweety-Bird” Porter is her name and after buying her in 2000 I’ve racked up a little over 185,000 miles with no major maintenance.

After returning back from Iraq the second time I was honorably discharged and began school in Florida. Leaving Texas meant leaving any accesses to tools or lift support for my Camaro. Recently she began to misfire. It was determined that it was the spark plugs and/or wires. With no tools I feared I would have to take my car to a mechanic and I hate doing that. She’s mine; I’ll work on her. Enter Jeff Kaplan. Jeff became friends with me on Facebook after seeing my Camaro film Return of The Camaro. He lived locally so I contacted him to see if he knew of a shop where I could take my Camaro that I could trust. Instead he offered to help me fix it with his tools.

Jeff had fallen on hard times and had to sell his fourth generation Camaro SS. But he was still Camaro. All he asked for was a little bit of money for the work which would be no problem and much cheaper than labor costs at any shop. We went to work right away and found the culprit: A worn spark plug wire. We replaced the plugs and wires but when we went for a drive we had the same misfire problem. After clearing the codes and rescanning the car the same code came back up. Which left only one other option: Coil packs. So Jeff once again helped me out and we replaced the coil packs. Sure enough, that fixed the problem.

That’s why I’m proud to be a Camaro / F-Body driver; that people who have never met each other will help one another out because we understand what it is to set the standard and live up to it. I’ve said several times that Camaro / F-Body owners must exceed the norms and do what’s right. No street racing, supporting each other, and supporting those that help keep Camaro alive. Jeff Kaplan is one of those people.

Jeff:

Jeff's Camaro:

Return of The Camaro:

Your Car, Your Story, only on COMBUSTION CHAMBER!
https://www.youtube.com/c/combustionchamber
post #2 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr

Garage
Way to go Jeff

Nice post Casey, thanks for sharing.

Don't forget the F-Body wave

Lionel Trains- "A lifetime of Happiness"

New to computers and forums, but a Camaro and Firebird enthusiast/owner for 30 years.

68 RS/SS 4spd A/C Convert-USA FUN, Owned since 1978.
92 Z28 25th Anniversary 350-RSKY BZ,
91 Z28 Convertible-OPENZ (gone but not forgotten)
02 Blackbird WS-6 Convertible- SR-71
<<<< Yes, click- View My FQuick Garage
post #3 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Nice thanks for sharing

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #4 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 02:27 PM

Garage
Great video

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM

Why I'm proud to own and drive a camaro, I have had 8 camaros from the great 69 to today's awesome Beauty and have never been disappointed for a moment, my favorite one other than my 2010 2ss/rs is my 1985 Z28 convert. Two seater, I have loved the power they have and the way they make me feel just when I go outside to take a look at her. All my camaros are girls, I just can't see myself calling the camaro a guy just can't do it. Now that they finally brought back the camaro after 7 years I'm in heaven once again, thank you GM.

In a few years from now I can add to this story.

post #6 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 PM

It's all about the family...f-body owners can approach one another as if they already knew each other, at least from my experience. I'm Proud to belong to such a group

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member
post #7 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Yes, when you own a Camaro you are never alone and always have friends from nowhere showup like you have known them all your life. Never met a stranger in another Camaro!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #8 of 11 Old 05-31-2011, 07:12 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I love your story. Thanks for sharing!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #9 of 11 Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Jeff is a good guy!
He used to live in the Chicago area and was a member of the local F-Body club.

This is what the F-Body community is all about right here.
Always awesome to see people coming together to help each other out, and it happens so much in the F-Body community, not only because we share the same passion, but it's because the passion unites us as family.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #10 of 11 Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
CJP
Veteran Member

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read and reply.

Your Car, Your Story, only on COMBUSTION CHAMBER!
https://www.youtube.com/c/combustionchamber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page