Big SCREW YOU to the GM CEO - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Big SCREW YOU to the GM CEO

GM CEO call for $1 gas tax hike - Jun. 7, 2011

WHAT THE PHUQUIN HELL?! Motherphuquer, do you remember what happened the last time gas went above $4/ga? Our economy TANKED and you had to take a PHUQUIN BAILOUT YOU STUPID *****!
post #2 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Maybe if you make economy cars people WANT and not overpriced HS Science experiments, someone might want your eco friendly cars eh? No, lets encourage the Government to tax its citizens even more so that you, as a company, don't have to INNOVATE. THE CITIZENS WHO BAILED YOUR ASSES OUT! Holy hell this pisses me off.
post #3 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

ok so just to clarify that i'm reading this right

GM says "we don't want to have to pay to make better fuel economic cars so lets charge all the citizens buying fuel"

then in the same article they shift perspective to state that higher fuel prices will actually prevent people from visiting their showrooms?!?!?!

am i the only one super confused about the double standpoint

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #4 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
ok so just to clarify that i'm reading this right

GM says "we don't want to have to pay to make better fuel economic cars so lets charge all the citizens buying fuel"

then in the same article they shift perspective to state that higher fuel prices will actually prevent people from visiting their showrooms?!?!?!

am i the only one super confused about the double standpoint
They want to force people into buying economy cars by having the Government shove a higher fuel tax down our throats. Worse, they want to do it NOW. Because prices have fallen a few pennies in the last month, they think NOW'S the time to raise some fuel prices. Gotta sell that Aveo inventory somehow eh?

TRY INNOVATING GM! If you can't keep yourself afloat, it's NOT BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT ISN'T TAXING IT'S PEOPLE ENOUGH!
post #5 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

They've updated the article since I read it. It seems like you're right...They don't seem to have a strong message, but the $1.00 a gal tax hike is ludicrous. I can't believe he'd even SUGGEST taxing the people who fronted their bailout. There are no words on how unacceptable this is.
post #6 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Here's what bothers me. I can't afford to pay cash for a car, so I'd have to get a loan.

Sure I could get a car with 35 MPG instead of 16 like I have, but then I'd also have a $300ish car payment. Which would more than double what I pay now.

So even if gas went up, I still wouldn't buy a new car.
post #7 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

it still makes no sense to me that when parts of our globe, like europe and germany, are so much farther advanced in fuel economic vehicles, that the technology can't be transfered to north american plants.

the prices of fuel are so much higher in other parts of the world that they have already compensated for this in the types of vehicles offered.

i don't have the stats handy, but i think the US gallon price for fuel is still quite low across the globe

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #8 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yes, the US Price of fuel is low compared to other countries...However those Countries tax the hell out of the fuel. Yes, they do that without tanking their economies.

HOWEVER, when gas in the US went above $4.00 a gallon, the economy of the WORLD tanked and everyone stopped buying everything.

We can't use their fuel efficient vehicles (many of which are developed by GM and Ford), because our safety and emissions standards are too strict.
post #9 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member

what an idiot. yeah jump the price of gas up so everyone that cant afford a new fuel efficient car, goes out and gets a loan for a car they cant pay for. let me guess who he voted for......

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #10 of 48 Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
what an idiot. yeah jump the price of gas up so everyone that cant afford a new fuel efficient car, goes out and gets a loan for a car they cant pay for. let me guess who he voted for......
GOVERNMENT Motors wouldn't have let GM take a CEO that wasn't a liberal douchebag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page