Been Gone For Awhile, Little Update - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 06-16-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Been Gone For Awhile, Little Update

So i have had a crazy couple of months!

first off, why i have not been on the forums:
the cable line on my apartment building was cut somehow, and it took 3 weeks for them to fix it. no cable or internet for 3 weeks! and work has picked up so much i just have not had time. 12-14 hours a day, 5-6 days per week, i sleep all day sundays when i'm not packing or dealing with other stuff explained below. i can't wait to move back to houston and have a 40 hour work week again!

some other crazy news going on in my life:
i have lost a total of 40 pounds! in January i started dieting, don't laugh, but i've been on Jenny Craig! the food is actually really good! the tough part is finding time to exercise. i wake up at 5:30am to go for a 30 minute jog before getting ready for work, and on my lunch break i do a bunch of pushups and situps. i have 60 more pounds to go, i want to be 200 lbs by Thanksgiving. i have no excuse for weighing 300 pounds... i guess that is what happens when you have an appetite of a college football player and stop exercising for 3 1/2 years.

we found out my wife is pregnant... just the other day we found out it's twins! at first we were freaking out, but now we are super excited! we don't know what they are going to be yet, i'm hoping for one boy and one girl, my wife wants them to be both girls.

a close family member died, i've been pretty upset about it, and don't really want to talk about it. but i found out a couple weeks ago they left me and my brothers a pretty hefty inheritance that we didn't know about. once we get it, i will be able to pay off all of our debt and sock away enough money to pay cash for a nice starter home in a year when i'm settled in one location with my job. now that all our debts will be paid for, my wife won't have to return to work after the twins are born, and can be a stay at home mom like we dreamed of.

2 days before that happened, we traded in my wife's 2006 SRX for a 2011 SRX, got 3.9% financing, but that doesn't matter now that it will be paid in full very soon. we felt she needed a more reliable SUV for when the munchkins arrive and she loves the SRX's.

we are in the process of packing everything right now, in preparation to move to Houston on July 1st. that is our official move in date to our new apartment in the Galleria Area, just 2 miles from my office. for those who don't already know, i'm a Petroleum Engineer and i'm in a 3 year training program with my company where i rotate depts every 6 months, and i've had to relocate once a year the past 2 years when transferring depts. my training will be complete next July, and i will be permanently located after that in either Houston Tx, Midland Tx, Tulsa Ok, Calgary Canada, Cairo Egypt, Perth Australia, Aberdeen Scottland, or Buenos Aires Argentina. i'll most likely end up in either Midland or Houston.

and finally, some very sad news. i totaled my camaro! a drunk driver pulled out in front of me as i was about to get on the highway at about midnight one friday night, i was going about 50-60 mph before slamming on my brakes and t-boning an old ford pickup. i was the only person in my car, i didn't sustain any injuries, but the drunk driver wasn't wearing a seat belt and was sent to the hospital. i was so upset three police officers had to hold me down at the wreck site. i did not want to take any pictures of it because that isn't how i wanted to remember my first new sports car; my wife made a scrapbook for me of all the pictures i have taken since getting her back in 2009. i got a check from insurance in the amount of $31k; plenty to pay off the remainder of the loan. i told them i felt it was worth $50k, but of course that was not realistic, and they went off of book value. i salvaged what i could from it, basically my radar detector and programmer. the intake was crushed and the headers were mangled. at this point i felt it would be a waste of my time and money to sue, since i was not injured and the car loan wasn't upside down. the other driver has bigger problems now with the law.

my wife thinks i'm depressed, but i'm just mourning over all the recent losses and all the long hours i've been working.

i think after the twins are born and we know they are healthy, i'm going to be able to pay cash for a 1 or 2 year old Z06 with part of the inheritance... the car i have been wanting for a really long time!

so yeah that is how my life has been the past couple of months... don't be surprised if i can't get back to your replies so soon, this is the first night i have been home before 8pm in awhile with nothing else to do.

this is the last picture i have of myself with my car, taken last year at XP Racing in Oklahoma City:

and this was the last picture i ever took of her:

here is my wife's new car:

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #2 of 41 Old 06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Supporter of common sense

****, sorry about the recent events. Well, the sad ones anyway.
Contrats on the expanding family

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 41 Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Welcome Back RJ... Im sorry to hear about your camaro but congrats on losing the weight and on pregnating your wife... I have two suggestions to name your twins how about Luke and Leia? If you need to talk about anything just send me a PM

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #4 of 41 Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Loss of the Camaro ? im very sorry just glad you are ok.

Buying a 2 year old Z06 ?

Losing the weight ?

Moving back to houston ? why ? j/k congrats enjoy it with the Fam.

I feel sorry that you are packing and moving.....NOT im doing the same thing as I type this lol SUCKS trying doing it alone brotha.

Wifes New Car ? congrats

Twins ? Yikes but congrats im going to be tackleing 1 myself soon its a hot summer call me if you want to Vent I got a new man cave I will be spending a lot of time in waiting for the crying.

welcome back man I kind of figured or had the feeling something happened to the Camaro for one of the reasons you were not on here. Im just glad you are ok and starting a new family

Dont work to hard buddy.
post #5 of 41 Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sorry about all the bad stuff Camaro made me real sad and glad you wasnt hurt

Congrats on the soon to arrive twins

Glad to see you back

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #6 of 41 Old 06-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

Twins! That's the best part of the whole post! The rest is just time and sheet metal. You are safe, healthy (and getting healthier!) and secure. Just what your family needs. Welcome back and congrats!

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #7 of 41 Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member

wow alot of sweet and sour there glad your ok sorry about the Camaro and your friend, congrats of the coming twins, its going to be a hell of a ride my guys are 22 months apart and its a handfull twins oh boy Best of Luck and God bless !

post #8 of 41 Old 06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Wow!!! that has been hell of a 2011 so far for you. Have fun with the twins when they come. They will be a blast in your life. The rest should work out. Glad you were safe from the accident.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #9 of 41 Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
We have missed you around here RJ and we're glad to see you're back. I am really sorry to hear about all the bad stuff that has happened recently...but it is good to know you're okay and that things are going to work out for you.

And a big congratulations to you and your wife on the twins. My sister had a pair so I saw first hand what a challenge they can be. When is the blessed event due to unfold?

Welcome back to
post #10 of 41 Old 06-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member

HOLY CRAP!

Sorry to hear about the camaro, but glad you're OK. Congrats on the twins, good luck w/ the move....and hopefully things will settle down for you, sounds like you could use some peace & quiet before the twins arrive.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page