Now in California... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Now in California...

Well, the family and I finished the LONG trip to California from Corpus Christi this afternoon. We dodged dust storms and a few wildfires during the trip but we brought our Chevy family safe and sound to San Diego. We stopped in Ruidoso, NM for three days as well as Tucson for a couple so we've had a blast with our teenage boys. My 16 year old is a pro running on the interstates now...not that I wanted him to be doing that but we needed him to drive the Trailblazer!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell y'all...I'm now a Chief Warrant Officer! I was promoted on the 1st of June but from getting the house ready for our new tenants (couldn't sell it ) and preparing for the move that I failed to let you in on my little secret!

So...with the advancement I get to make an upgrade (or two?!?) to the SS. What would you get? Keep it below the $3k, please!

2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6
post #2 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Congrats on the step up in life......and enjoy your new home
Looking forward to seeing what you do to your Camaro. As much as I'd like to help you spend your money...lol...I obviously know nothing about the V8...so happy modding!
post #3 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Mojo View Post
Well, the family and I finished the LONG trip to California from Corpus Christi this afternoon. We dodged dust storms and a few wildfires during the trip but we brought our Chevy family safe and sound to San Diego. We stopped in Ruidoso, NM for three days as well as Tucson for a couple so we've had a blast with our teenage boys. My 16 year old is a pro running on the interstates now...not that I wanted him to be doing that but we needed him to drive the Trailblazer!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell y'all...I'm now a Chief Warrant Officer! I was promoted on the 1st of June but from getting the house ready for our new tenants (couldn't sell it ) and preparing for the move that I failed to let you in on my little secret!

So...with the advancement I get to make an upgrade (or two?!?) to the SS. What would you get? Keep it below the $3k, please!
Welcome to Cali! If you and the fam are ever in the LA Area, let me know! As for mods under 3k, I would suggest long tubes and a tune. TX Speed offers a complete exhaust (their headers and hi-flow cats, X-Pipe, Magnaflows and tips) for about $1700. Check out this link:

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-34-tsp-...ess-steel.aspx

I have their headers/hf cats and did the magnaflows prior to the headers. With a tune I put 416 to the wheels.

Just my $.02.

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #4 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sweet congrats sir.... I would get long tube headers with high flow cats,,,cat back exhaust and CAI and should be under $3k

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 AM

Garage
CAI intake, Cat-Back Exhaust and TUNE are the best bet! I had Jannetty Racing do mine and WOW!

2010 SS/RS, CIA, Cat-Back X Exhaust, Jannetty Racing Computer, Painted OEM GFX, Switchbacks, Aqua LED Lighting....

MOD's to come.... LT's, Maggie, Wheels, and anything else I can think of!
post #6 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 05:36 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats on the promotion, well deserved. As for mods, I would do the LED hiper flash tail lights/brake lights $400.00 for the set. Since your in CA you will need something to wake them up

Hope you like Ca, have not lived there since 1981..

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Premium Member

Garage
CONGRATS Chief on Ur Promotion, Move, etc!!! Look forward to seeing New Updated Pics...

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #8 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Support MC & Troops

Congrats & sorry a bought not getting the house sold
Um.. 3K other than Exhaust or what not

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats. I thank you for your service.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #10 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Kills View Post
Welcome to Cali! If you and the fam are ever in the LA Area, let me know! As for mods under 3k, I would suggest long tubes and a tune.
Check into our smog laws for out of state cars BEFORE you do long tubes! They will not pass our visual here. Even if you don't have to register/smog the car here, you can get busted on a visual (people have) and have to remove them.

As for what to spend your $ on, that is a very personal thing. You into handling or power or cosmetics or all of the above?

Suspension is my thing. I highly recommend the Pfadt stuff. Bars & CO's would be killer.

A CAI and a catback for a little power and sound. A tune will void your warranty at most dealers, just FYI.

<---- Need to change your location now....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page