F1 Track in Austin Needs Your Support !!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Exclamation F1 Track in Austin Needs Your Support !!!

I'm reposting this from the forums.corvetteforums.com site, apparently the city council in Austin needs a little prodding to realize what a golden egg looks like. Here's the post from Corvee in the Southwest forums section:

I received the following message from NASA regarding opposition to the F1 track being located in Austin. Seems like the commie anti-anything subversives in Austin are busy again. Please post a reply supporting the track on I-Petitons immediately (link below). The council meeting is tomorrow- (June 23rd).

Thanks, Jim

"on June 23rd, Austin's City Council will vote on tax issues that will mean the difference between hosting the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix or not. It is very possible Circuit of The Americas will not be built if there does not appear to be enough support for it.

We are hoping to make an online petition go viral: Austin City Council: Endorse Efforts of Grand Prix Organizers Any support you could lend us in terms of posting it on the NASA homepage or forwarding the link via newsletter would be of huge service! Also, Any clout you may have with various VIPs - and by that I'm talking about big names in Indy, NASCAR, and other series - would be of great help if it meant we could get drivers and teams tweeting regularly between now and the 23rd, or even posting it on their respective sites. It's one thing to gain support from within, and another entirely if we can get U.S. racing the fans involved!

The petition was made in conjunction with Circuit of the Americas' media relations firm, Hahn, Texas (Austin Public Relations & Communications Firm ∑ Hahn, Texas Communications). And believe me when I tell you that it will make a positive impact on the City Council's decision-making process if we are able to collect enough signatures."

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page