Major oil/energy find in Israel - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

Major oil/energy find in Israel

Jackpot! Israel on Cusp of Energy Revolution - Inside Israel - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Jackpot! Israel on Cusp of Energy Revolution
JERUSALEM, Israel -- Unrest in the Middle East is threatening Israel's energy supply.

But recent natural gas discoveries and extracting oil from shale could make the country energy independent just in the nick of time.

Energy Breakthrough?

Some are calling it a potential energy revolution.

Off the coast of Israel in the waters of the Mediterranean Sea, explorers have found what is being called the largest offshore gas reserve in the world and the biggest find in a decade.

The discovery is a major development because Israel has long been the one Middle East country without its own oil and gas resources.

"The joke was 'Why did it take Moses 40 years to bring the people of Israel from Egypt to Israel? Because he looked for the only place in the Middle East that lacked oil and gas,'" said Gideon Tadmor, CEO of Delek Energy.

"So that was the joke. But we proved the joke to be wrong, and actually we know that Moses brought us to the right place," he added.

Delek Energy and its American partner, Noble, are behind the discoveries that will start producing natural gas for customers in 2015.

Energy expert and former CIA director James Woolsey says the gas fields make Israel energy independent.

"They're extraordinarily important and strategically very advantageous I think for Israel," Woolsey told CBN News.

Shale Oil

In addition to natural gas, it appears the Jewish state is also rich in oil shale-- a fine-grained rock which can be used to produce oil through a special process.

Harold Vinegar, chief scientist with Israel Energy Initiatives, says the amount of oil shale buried here might equal the oil reserves of Saudi Arabia.

"We think it's conservatively estimated at about 250 billion barrels of oil contained in the Israeli oil shale - probably the second or third largest deposit in the whole world," Vinegar said. "And it has a tremendous potential to make an oil industry here."

Experts say there's enough oil shale to produce at least 50,000 barrels of oil a day - enough to meet Israel's military and civil aviation needs for 25 years.

Israel Energy Initiatives is now performing quality tests.

Vinegar, who was also a chief scientist for Shell, says the samples indicate the oil quality to be very high before it's even refined.

As the world population increases, so will the demand for crude, and that will push up the price.

In response, countries like Israel that import most of their energy will have to develop unconventional resources like oil shale.

"There's nothing scarier than running out of energy," Vinegar said. "I mean, wars have been fought entirely for oil. And so this is something we feel we're doing for Israel, which is to develop the oil shale here."

If his group's plans work out, the land of Israel will hold even more promise for the future.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #2 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member

sweet

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #3 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM

Excellent news!

On a side note.... Being from Central Illinois you would think we would not have oil at all but the lower part of Illinois has quite a bit. It is kind of funny seeing all these smaller oil wells in the middle of corn fields. You can always smell them before you get to them.

2LT/RS Black with CGM stripes
Vin#10833

Mustangs tastes like chicken
post #4 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 AM

Garage
Wish we were energy independent !!!!!

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

so does this mean i dont need a hybrid now?

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #6 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

Can we go back to a buck a gallon now please?

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #7 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I vote for 33 cents

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMe View Post
Wish we were energy independent !!!!!
We could be, if they let us drill where our oil is... Aside from that, YAY Israel

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #9 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Drill here Drill NOW ! American oil=American jobs!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-29-2011, 04:51 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Buy stock in PETROQUEST NOW!!!! Sym PQ

I traded them and made good coin.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page