Like Stan from South Park- "I've learned something today" about GM... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Like Stan from South Park- "I've learned something today" about GM...

And I'm not sure yet how I feel about it.

When is privacy not really all that private?

Been searching for a new vehicle for the wife. Once I took Selena's suggestion about showing the wife a CTS Wagon, she REALLY likes it. Since the "non-V" CTS wagon is kind of a hard bird to find, regardless if it's a 2010 or 2011, I've had to turn over some rocks to try and find one suitable that the wife would like. So when I find something that could be do-able, it's not close to home, so I send a vehicle inquiry through the dealer's website.

I know that GM likes to keep records of things. Some because they have to, but some because they want to, such as customer sales, etc.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #2 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I learned something today about the inquiry process. With the limited information that you provide them, the preferred method of contact (which so far, they're respecting), there's additional information provided to them by GM that I never provided, such as my work phone number and the newest GM vehicle I bought, namely a 2010 GMC Sierra.

I know it's standard procedure to share information and when I buy a GM car, I give them authorization to do that. It's not like I'm mad about it or anything, but I don't really see the need for them to have more information than what I give them just to ask a simple question if they still have the car in question.

post #3 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM
SS-Eric

hmmm that's interesting info. I dont think I've ever received a lead from GM showing previous purchases or phone numbers not given by the contact. Did you purchase your GMC from the store that has the CTS that you're looking at?

SS-ERIC
post #4 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Your info is retained and in a lead system.... GM uses it for current owner offers etc....if the dealership put your name in the lead system, it stays there - and if you submit a new lead, all your previous data comes up to that dealer.... at least here it does...

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Ah. Ok. Thanks. Like I said, it's not like it's info on how many relatives I have or what schools they attended and whether or not they like broccoli. I just found it a bit odd was all. The reply from the dealer was by him simply hitting the reply button to me, and it showed all the contact info I sent them, plus info I didn't send them as well.

And no, this is a completely different dealer than where I got the truck. Never had any business dealings with this dealer before.

Big Brother is watching us...

post #6 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

It's a pearl white 2010 model that's still new on the lot. The dealer was caught up in the "GM is axing us, but no, now we're reinstated" deal. So they had some 2010s on the lot and got their franchise back when the 11s started coming in, so nobody really wanted "last year's" model. They said they used to have several that way but they're slowly finding buyers for them. Especially when you can get a 45K car MSRP for a bit over 34K with EVA! And dig this. They used to have it marked up over sticker by $2K because they were a new model!

post #7 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 PM
SS-Eric

send me the VIN and I'll check to see if there is any dealer cash they might be holding

SS-ERIC
post #8 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #9 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

WOOT!! sounds like a white diamond CTS wagon is in your future. soooo jealous!!!!!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #10 of 35 Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

And I hate you now, Selena because we're likely going to be buying this one. Which means another road trip. Way to go! GRRRR!!!

j/k

It'll be our official "now we're old and have a cadillac" car. I promised myself long ago that I'd never own a four door car, OR a station wagon or mini-van. And we'll be killing two of those three birds right off the bat. (angry birds!)

Oh, but technically it's going to be HER car, so I'm still not breaking my promise! Woot!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page