So I finally understand your POV. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

So I finally understand your POV.

I have always been a Chevrolet fan, then Dodge, then Ford.

I could never get why someone was not brand loyal.

I mean I get the regular person that cares less about cars, but for enthusiast, I never understood it until I was thinking about it today.

Y'all are going to think I am More simple minded than you already do, but here goes.

I love Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, Rat Rods, Low Riders, mini-trucks, lowered trucks and Lifted trucks.

I am not really fond of show cars, mainly because I like to enjoy what I build; read drive.
I don't like many lifted street trucks as most are Posers.
I don't like Hydraulic lowriders.
I don't like Eurotrash VW stretched tire scene and I definitely don't like Rice burning Hondas and the like.

But, what I find is that most people find one area and that is all they they like/build.

That's all, just thought I would share.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #2 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Thanks 54, couldn't agree with you more!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, you are my kind of crazy!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

This hobby cost money. You can either pick one and go all out or pick a couple and not go all out.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #5 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 04:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post

I mean I get the regular person that cares less about cars, but for enthusiast, I never understood it until I was thinking about it today.

Y'all are going to think I am More simple minded than you already do, but here goes.

I love Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, Rat Rods, Low Riders, mini-trucks, lowered trucks and Lifted trucks.

I am not really fond of show cars, mainly because I like to enjoy what I build; read drive.
I don't like Eurotrash VW stretched tire scene and I definitely don't like Rice burning Hondas and the like.

But, what I find is that most people find one area and that is all they they like/build.

Yep. that pretty much sums it up for me. Too many cool machines out there to stick to one brand only.

Bill

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #6 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:

I've been a diehard GM guy since I was born,of course recently back to Chrylser as we all know. I also love Hot rods,Muscle Cars & Rat rods. I go to alot of shows with our cars, but my real passion is driving them. I'm not a "diehard" show guy and could care less about a trophy, we have a huge box of them in the shed. I much rather enjoy people who walk up and ask questions...."How'd you do that", or ask for advice, my Dad and I will chat for hours to help someone out.I'll never forget my Dad and I going to a local show in 1999, we were starting my Dads 37 Chevy Coupe, I walked to a man and asked him about his subframe positioning, he spent an hour explaining where to cut it, which to buy, which not to buy, and so on, we layed on our backs taking pictures.Anyway i'm rambling....just my thoughts....

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

post #7 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 AM

Garage
Quote:

I'm with on you everything except the hydraulics. I like "hydros", mainly because of the engineering it takes to get them to do some of the insane things they can do.

What I really can't bring myself to understand is Donks. Putting 30" rims on a 1987 Caprice Classic, lifting the suspension to accommodate the wheels, and painting Skittles logos all over the car and painting it purple........I just don't get it. I appreciate the desire to be unique, but I just don't understand the means to that end.

/rant

K&N Typhoon CAI * Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust * Hurst Short Throw Shifter * Black Phantom Grille * Pioneer AVH-P8400BH - Scosche Dash Kit - Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 - Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP, T400-4, T1D215, T1692, T2652-S - SubThump 15" Camaro box - Dynamat Extreme - Stinger & Kicker RCA's - Monster, Tsunami, Streetwires, Scosche, and Kicker wiring - Stinger Distribution blocks - Tsunami Breakers - Tsunami and Rockford Fosgate set screw terminals
post #8 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
I'm with on you everything except the hydraulics. I like "hydros", mainly because of the engineering it takes to get them to do some of the insane things they can do.

What I really can't bring myself to understand is Donks. Putting 30" rims on a 1987 Caprice Classic, lifting the suspension to accommodate the wheels, and painting Skittles logos all over the car and painting it purple........I just don't get it. I appreciate the desire to be unique, but I just don't understand the means to that end.

/rant
I disagree on the "engineering" of hydraulics as Fluid Dynamics is very old; yet the dancing is cool to watch , but I beleive Air Bags is a better technology, with out all of the Mexican jumping Bean dances.

Either way, it is all good! I am still a Chevy guy and will probably remain that way.

Ohhh I forgot about Donks; there is no "means to and end" with shows cars, money is that means. In the South Lifted trucks are probably bigger than anywhere else, especially Texas and I really think it is a cross between lifted trucks and the need to fit larger wheel under cars.

I love Donks and have considered building one at a later day out of a Caprice.

post #9 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

I want to brutally ravage anyone who uses the phrase "donk" with a piece of rusty rebar.

I swear I don't have any anger issues~

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

lol, the lifted street trucks are bad, worse so for my sister, who has my old XJ which of course the Wranglers don't wave to, even though that old thing was an offroading beast and most of the new wranglers are auto and lame.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page