ladies, do u have a preferred 'driving shoe'? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

ladies, do u have a preferred 'driving shoe'?

Hey ladies, I need your help. Do u have a shoe preference when u drive your Camaro? For instance, I have this random pair of steve madden platform boots that are perfect for driving stick. They look like freaking frankenstein shoes, but they have just enough platform that I don't have to scoot my seat all the way forward. And they have nice chunky heels so they are relatively comfy to wear. The bad news is after about 10 years they are starting to fall apart on me. and I need something to replace them.

no matter how I try, I just can't drive clutch in a pair of wedge heels. Flats don't work the best for me either. And I've done barefoot before but I prefer not to. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh and the yellow heels that match Bee are murder to walk in, so sadly I can't wear those much.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #2 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I do most of my driving in various pairs of Nike running shoes or barefoot. I love boots and high heels...but I can't wear them much anymore since I had a spiraling lower leg injury almost 10 years ago. My orthopedic surgeon was very inexperienced and as a result my right leg...especially my ankle and foot...healed out of alignment. So I'm kinda scared of missing the pedal with my stupid foot that isn't where it's supposed to be. If I wear anything other than my sneakers...I take them off and drive barefoot.

But I've seen the boots you wear so I did a little searching and I think they can be replaced if you want a new pair. Check these links...the first one is to a specific pair of boots that I thought looked similar and the second one is to a page with a ton of different styles of Steve Madden boots which is definitely worth a look to any discerning lady...lol.

SteveMadden - DESIRRED BLUE LEATHER women's bootie high platform

Women's Steve Madden Dress High Heel Boots - Shop At Like.com

I hope you can find what you want...Good Luck Selena!
post #3 of 12 Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

Thanks Envy!!! You are right, those blue boots are totally my style. I have to go see if I can try them on at my local store.

I usually wear a lot of jeans, but I'm starting to wear skirts more (as u saw lol) so if u come across any regular heels in the future that scream 'Selena,' lemme know

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #4 of 12 Old 08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I'm with Envy. I either wear sneakers or go barefoot or sockfoot. I can't stand to wear dress shoes or flip flops while driving. They feel like they get in the way.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #5 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 09:09 AM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
We can't be the only ladies here. Speak up y'all!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #6 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 PM

... you go girl(s)
post #7 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 07:37 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I test drove a Corvette today in my size 6 bare feet...felt goooooood.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #8 of 12 Old 08-22-2011, 01:12 PM
ZL1 @ MSRP

Well, I have to say this has been a little bit of an issue for me all summer long. I have been taking my sandals/heels off and driving barefoot every single day.

When I first got the car it was still chilly here and I had been wearing regular old boring flat, rubber-soled shoes that I wear to work every day. I have to wear comfy, boring shoes at work walking as much as I do out on that pavement.

Good luck to you!

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #9 of 12 Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
I test drove a Corvette today in my size 6 bare feet...felt goooooood.
most women I know who drive a stick do it barefoot, is it weird I think that a woman driving barefoot is attractive? Lol guess I'm just strange

2010 2SS/RS A6 PerSSephone
2007 Trailblazer SS (R.I.P) http://youtube.com/watch?v=T9uGBE5EV8Q
post #10 of 12 Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSS View Post
most women I know who drive a stick do it barefoot, is it weird I think that a woman driving barefoot is attractive? Lol guess I'm just strange
I did that when I first learned to drive stick... I was always afraid my flip flop would get caught on the clutch. Since having 5 standard cars I pretty much can drive stick in whatever shoes im wearing. I don't wear big heels though either.

I just got some new boots ill post pics later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page