FLX-Paint - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator
 
brandonppr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 5,668
 
FLX-Paint

Anyone heard of this?
FLX-Paint Home Page

FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com[/url]

As a car enthusiast, I appreciate it when people are really into their cars.

FLX-Paint, a Tulsa-based company, understands the car-lovers' market very well. The company has developed a unique product, a stretchable car paint that comes on a roll.




“Car guys and gals are really into the look of their cars. Beautiful paint is emotional. Yet getting a car painted is expensive, time consuming and a permanent application,” says Melanie Harren, FLX-Paint's co-founder.

“If you have a new Camaro and want a racing stripe or two-tone paint job, you may talk yourself out of it because of time, price and permanency,” she says. “But what if you could add that second color for about half the cost of a traditional paint job, plus get your car back in two days instead of two weeks?”

FLX-Paint offers 38 stock colors and virtually any custom color. With color options such as kandy copper, brilliant sunshine pearl, blue wave or cosmic carbon ultraflake, what Camaro, Charger or Mustang owner could resist?

“Or imagine a car dealer or manufacturer who wants to offer customers a spring color pallet with a factory warranty,” Harren says. “When the car comes off lease or the owner is tired of the color, an installer can remove the FLX-Paint.”

FLX-Paint is building a network of professional installers, signing up businesses in the United States and abroad that apply window tint or vinyl wrap.

But don't confuse FLX-Paint with vinyl decal or vinyl wrap, Harren says.

“Compare us to premium paint. Once on the car, FLX-Paint provides the look and long-term performance of a traditional paint job. It can be buffed and waxed. When it's time to sell the car, simply remove the FLX-Paint, and the factory paint underneath will be in great shape.”

Many other uses

FLX-Paint isn't just for car-lovers and vehicles.

“Our real intellectual property is making beautiful paint that stretches around objects and compound curves,” Harren says.

“It can be used to wrap appliances, cellphones, laptops or even fingernails. We have a customer who is cutting FLX-Paint for fingernail kits. It's the perfect application, fast, nontoxic and looks fabulous.”

One yardstick of an innovation economy is the nearly constant surfacing of unique products and services that help people do things better and more efficiently … such as painting cars.


Read more: FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
brandonppr is offline  
post #2 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
 
Buzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Holly Springs, Georgia
Posts: 1,260
 
Garage
Very interesting.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

Buzz is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
At first I thought it was FLEX paint, that stuff is durable & last's forever IMO !
Is this stuff like vinyl or paint, from the sounds of it, its applied by spray (?),
I wonder if it hardens or stays soft ?, once its been on for a while ?

Edit; I found the web sight, Its a vinyl type film,
from what they state its durable and last's a while.
I wonder how long tho, the best vinyl avable, only last up to 7yrs !



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"

Last edited by hotrodhoodrat; 08-16-2011 at 10:32 AM.
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator
 
brandonppr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 5,668
 
From what I understand its acutal paint that is put on like vinyl.

I noticed they have SGM.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
brandonppr is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
I like the graphics they did on some of these cars on their sight,
I wonder if they could do custom ones
The sight doesn't state how long it last's tho



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Premium Member
 
Kunk1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 2,624
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonppr View Post
Anyone heard of this?
FLX-Paint Home Page

FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com[/url]

As a car enthusiast, I appreciate it when people are really into their cars.

FLX-Paint, a Tulsa-based company, understands the car-lovers' market very well. The company has developed a unique product, a stretchable car paint that comes on a roll.




“Car guys and gals are really into the look of their cars. Beautiful paint is emotional. Yet getting a car painted is expensive, time consuming and a permanent application,” says Melanie Harren, FLX-Paint's co-founder.

“If you have a new Camaro and want a racing stripe or two-tone paint job, you may talk yourself out of it because of time, price and permanency,” she says. “But what if you could add that second color for about half the cost of a traditional paint job, plus get your car back in two days instead of two weeks?”

FLX-Paint offers 38 stock colors and virtually any custom color. With color options such as kandy copper, brilliant sunshine pearl, blue wave or cosmic carbon ultraflake, what Camaro, Charger or Mustang owner could resist?

“Or imagine a car dealer or manufacturer who wants to offer customers a spring color pallet with a factory warranty,” Harren says. “When the car comes off lease or the owner is tired of the color, an installer can remove the FLX-Paint.”

FLX-Paint is building a network of professional installers, signing up businesses in the United States and abroad that apply window tint or vinyl wrap.

But don't confuse FLX-Paint with vinyl decal or vinyl wrap, Harren says.

“Compare us to premium paint. Once on the car, FLX-Paint provides the look and long-term performance of a traditional paint job. It can be buffed and waxed. When it's time to sell the car, simply remove the FLX-Paint, and the factory paint underneath will be in great shape.”

Many other uses

FLX-Paint isn't just for car-lovers and vehicles.

“Our real intellectual property is making beautiful paint that stretches around objects and compound curves,” Harren says.

“It can be used to wrap appliances, cellphones, laptops or even fingernails. We have a customer who is cutting FLX-Paint for fingernail kits. It's the perfect application, fast, nontoxic and looks fabulous.”

One yardstick of an innovation economy is the nearly constant surfacing of unique products and services that help people do things better and more efficiently … such as painting cars.


Read more: FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com
Yeah I contacted them several months ago and talked to a lady (don't remember her name) and she was going to send me a little sample of the Inferno Orange Metallic... Well I've called them back several times and e-mailed as well and still have not received the sample... So as a Customer Service stand point, I Can Not Recommend them because I don't know what their product is like, so I finally gave up waiting...


Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
Kunk1963 is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Bummer Kunk, I'd be upset too, no call back's, they could of made a great customer or so.
Maybe they will change once they loose more customers !
Thx for the heads up



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Premium Member
 
Kunk1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 2,624
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Bummer Kunk, I'd be upset too, no call back's, they could of made a great customer or so.
Maybe they will change once they loose more customers !
Thx for the heads up
Yeah I was all excited waiting on the sample, U know me, I would have recommended them to everyone...


Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
Kunk1963 is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Wink Making it right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunk1963 View Post
Yeah I was all excited waiting on the sample, U know me, I would have recommended them to everyone...
Heck yea, plus you could of saved a few penny's &
probably not had any headaches, now !
Word of mouth goes so much further, much more than,
"yes Sir, we'll get back to you ! - with no response months later "
Not what I call great customer care, Kunk maybe you should send a pic
of yo BB & let them know.. how much $$ they lost & clients they would-a-had.
Who, knows maybe they might make it right and send ya some free stuff,
it never hurts, they could redeem them self's
I bet you could use some flamage under the hood &



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 08-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member
 
SunsetHawkSelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,420
 
They say not to confuse them with vinyl wraps cuz u can wax and buff their product. U can wax and buff vinyl wraps too. The vinyl wrap bee stripes on our 5th gen have quite a few coats of zaino on them. So what's the difference? Sound like they are just trying to market a fancy name...



"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
SunsetHawkSelena is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome