Hot/Cold weekend - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Hot/Cold weekend

It's been a crazy weekend. Friday night I'm on my commute, excited about getting my new stripes on the coming Monday, and I get a call from a company in the city my Wife and I want to be in. They would like to consider me for a team lead position and I have a breakfast interview on 8/30/11. High on that news I'm coming home and my wife wants to celebrate even though she's been sick as a dog all week. We're deciding what to do and some friends bring by flowers for Amanda because she's felt crappy all week. One of them hasn't met the dogs, so they come inside so that can meet our three rambunctious pups. We're going to let him give them cookies (milk bones), and Sissy, our chocolate lab, gets really excited, runs around the corner, and flops. Just sudden, she's here, happy, and healthy one minute, the next, she's gone. Everything is limp, her eyes are dilated, she's not breathing...Our visitor was a cop and former marine combat medic, and he starts rubbing her to stimulate her. She's not breathing, but her heart is going a million miles a minute. She starts to breath at the edge of total death (she'd released her bowels), 5 minutes later she starts coming to. Can't walk quite right but we rush to the emergency vet...I'm thinking she had a stroke. So we get to the vet and she does it again at the vets office...Not quite as long, but she wasn't as excited. $1K and many tests later, we find out her heart is enlarged and she has a severe arrhythmia. We could give her expensive heart medication that probably wouldn't work, but this would happen again and more often, and there's no way to tell when she'll wake up and when she'll pass on. I kept picturing going home and seeing her get excited to see the other dogs, then falling over and not waking up. We made the right, but very difficult decision to put her down. I know we made the right decision, but it still hurts...Sunday morning. Food hasn't tasted right all weekend...We took our friends out for dinner and drinks last night, to thank them for staying with us at the vet and everything until midnight or so...and it was fun, but subdued...Ya know? Sissy was 9 years old and she will always be loved, and missed. I know she's digging groundhogs out of my wife's grandma's garden in the sky:

post #2 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Supporting Super Moderator

aww man sorry to hear the news about your dog. Thats a hard decision to make.

Congrats on the job offer.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #3 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

Garage
SOOOO SORRY to hear that, Our sincere Condolences!!!!!! We have 2 pups, Sasha's a 4yr old Female Malamute and Harley 5yr old, he's a Mix & the Sweetest Lil Boy... They R our Kids!!!

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
post #4 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM

Sorry to hear that man. I know its hard. We lost our little dog to a heart condition after 12 years. She practically grew up with my kids. Things will get better with time. Take care.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #5 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Ouch! Been there done that, hated it. My condolences. FWIW, it will get better... Never thought I would even want another one after Taz. But there are strange and mysterious things at work in this universe and they led me to Jake:

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Yeah, that's hard to handle, but you did the right thing. I've put down pets before, and it's never easy. Time heals.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Garage
Sorry for your loss, man! I know what you're goin through. Was hard for us to put our quite old Black Lab down a few years back. We knew it was right but still so hard. All will be good eventually.

Bill

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #8 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Sorry to hear of your loss.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #9 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sorry to hear of your news. It is always hard to loose love one. Pets are more, they are a part of the family. She is in better place over the rainbow.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #10 of 16 Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

Really sorry to hear that. We lost ours two years ago. Its never easy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page