Camaros and blind spots - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 08-23-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Camaros and blind spots

I am waiting until Dec to buy a Camaro because thats when the relocation to FL will happen. I have heard there are many used on the market due to blind spots and safety issue related. Please explain.

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3972_7.gif
post #2 of 38 Old 08-23-2011, 07:25 PM

First don't pull up to close to a red light unless you like to bend your head sideways or lean forward up against the steering wheel to look to see when the light changes to green, Second there is a bad blind spot over your right shoulder looking back at your passanger side quater Panel...

2010 LS
GM Performance Exhaust
K&N Cool Air Intake
Dark Tint, Gauge Package
Fender Guards, Black Metal Gills
post #3 of 38 Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Garage
Well, I've had my Camaro since July. I heard all the hoopla about the blind spots when sitting in the drivers seat. Now for reference, since '07 I've owned an '04 Mustang coupe, 08 Mustang GT ragtop and still have a '10 Mustang coupe. I can tell you factually that the visibility is virtually the same in the camaro as in those 'stangs, 'cept maybe when the top was down on the '08. Right after I got mine, a good friend who only owns 'stangs sat in it and agreed that it was no different than his '07 Roush. The only real difference I have noticed is when sitting at a stoplight, the way I sit in the car(I'm 6ft tall BTW) I have to lean forward a little to see the stoplight. Seems the top of the windshield is a bit lower but it may also be the way I have the seat setup. So, I can honestly not tell that there are any significant blindspots when driving the Camaro as opposed to any of the current generation Mustangs. Now if you were to compare it to an SUV or minivan.....well, yea, I'm sure there's a difference. But, it's a ponycar afterall.

Try one out for yourself and see. I checked out all three: Camaro, 'Stang, and Challenger. They are all good. It's only a matter of taste.

Bill

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #4 of 38 Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
^^
Agree.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #5 of 38 Old 08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I don't find the blind spots in my 5th Gen Camaro to be bad at all. They aren't any worse that those in a Corvette or a Z and are much better than the 2007 Shelby my husband drives. Sports car has never been synomous with panoramic views...lol.
post #6 of 38 Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

yeah, the minimal blind spots on the camaro are nothing to worry about. the only one i found was looking over my right shoulder, if Scott has the passenger seat leaning way back likes he likes it when he sits shotgun it blocks that little triangle window on the passenger side. with the seat in a normal position its not even a problem.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-

Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 08-24-2011 at 10:45 AM.
post #7 of 38 Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Veteran Member

its just something you have to get used to. just liek any car, you learn to drive it in time. every car has blind spots. youll be fine. people just like complaining.
post #8 of 38 Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 AM

Its not 4th gen, but if you know how to set your mirrors right, I do not notice any and mines a DD 2yrs 38k, so I am in it a lot.

WOW for what? 4 months my avatar was not political and now it is?
Always Remember! Rest in Peace Brothers 9/11/2001. And thanks to all those who defend and serve!
Ordered 5/23/2009 Arrived 8/21/2009
2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
post #9 of 38 Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Just put these were you can't see .......

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #10 of 38 Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

you definitely get used to it...really not an issue if you're careful and pay attention when you drive.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page