New GM sporty SUV's??? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

New GM sporty SUV's???

im getting the bug.....im thinking about getting rid of the hummer for something a little more sporty when im not driving the camaro. does GM have anything coming out in the future worth holding out for along the lines of a sporty SUV? I have a few candidates in my head of what i like, and my wife hates, but their all foreign. Has american car brands killed the sporty SUV?
heres some i was concidering:
Porsche Cayenne

Audi Q7

Range Rover Evoque

Land Rover sport

The only american made "sporty" suv i was thinking of is the new dodge durango R/T

any thoughts?

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 08-29-2011 at 12:41 PM.
post #2 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
They all need to reboot and try again on designs. There is always the KIA.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #3 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

**** that range rover looks freaking awsome!!!!

that would be my pick out of the ones that you posted

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #4 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

The cool thing about that range is that it comes in 2 or 4 door. Its a 4cylinder turbo charged awd. Not sure how it performs. It isn't out til November.
post #5 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

If you want 'sporty'..wait a little while for the Cherokee SRT8 to come out:

If a 6.4L V8 is 'sporty' enough for ya.

BTW...gotta be kinda careful with Land Rover these days..a lot of their 'lower priced' offerings are literally just dressed up Fords with a lot of extra $$ tacked on.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

i do like that jeep. is dodge making the durango in the srt? but like i said, my wife hates every single suv that i like. i think she just doesnt want me to get rid of the hummer. she likes driving it in the winter. she really hates the jeep. not sure why. but i think its because my sister has one.
i think that new range is a totally new thing, not based on any previous platforms. and i know for sure the range rover sport has nothing in common with the fords. ford wishes they were more like the range.
post #7 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Garage
Well, me personally, I don't trust Rovers 'cause I hear many nitemares about em service and repair wise. So for me, I would seriously consider the Porsche and if that's too pricey, then the Durango or wait for that Jeep. Just my 2cents!

Bill

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #8 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

the porsche is pricey, but im probably not buying new....unless its under my budget. so i would be looking at a 2008-2011 porsche cayenne. probably not the s (v8) or the turbo. so a newer v6 with low miles.
nice thing about the durango...fully loaded new rt is about 36k.
post #9 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i do like that jeep. is dodge making the durango in the srt? but like i said, my wife hates every single suv that i like. i think she just doesnt want me to get rid of the hummer. she likes driving it in the winter. she really hates the jeep. not sure why. but i think its because my sister has one.
i think that new range is a totally new thing, not based on any previous platforms. and i know for sure the range rover sport has nothing in common with the fords. ford wishes they were more like the range.
They haven't announced if they will or not..but with the Cherokee being one then probably not.

Since it IS the Cherokee they'll probably still make it 4WD..which would make a piece of cake in the winter.

I've seen Cayennes around here...they're pretty 'ehhhhhhh' looks wise in person.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well the last srt was awd. So i imagine.this one would be. The durango comes rwd or awd. So i wonder if they would offer it in rwd too? Id still rather have awd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page