Would You Fight This or Pay Up? (Ticket) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Would You Fight This or Pay Up? (Ticket)

Friday morning on my way home from IUP (GF's College). I got pulled over by a state boy.

I passed 2 cops while they were doing a traffic stop and didn't move to the other lane.

The ticket is for $185.50. The actual fine is $100 and the rest in costs. I'm tempted to fight it, but the cop said he'd bring in his dash cam...

All I could really say is "I Didn't Know That Was A Law" because I honestly didn't know. I understand it's for the safety of the officer(s) and I know now, but almost $200, c'mon now. I'm told at work, it's a relatively new law.

Theres a little more to the story but nothing that would help in court. I already have a money order filled out and I really don't feel like paying for court costs too.

Thoughts?
post #2 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member

you could plead not-guilty and try and at least get it reduced.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Just be glad you're not in Georgia. A friend of mine did the same thing there. The fine was around $500 She ended up having to pay the whole thing. Hopefully you can get it reduced, but nothing worked for her (not exactly sure what she tried). Good luck and let us know how it works out.
post #4 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM

I would just pay it you more then likely will lost anyways hard to fight the car cam. Most states that is the law and i bet if you look on some signs along the way it is posted move to the left lane when emergency vechiles are on the shoulder something like that.
post #5 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cketdr View Post
Just be glad you're not in Georgia. A friend of mine did the same thing there. The fine was around $500 She ended up having to pay the whole thing. Hopefully you can get it reduced, but nothing worked for her (not exactly sure what she tried). Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Very true about Georgia. Several people I know have been cited for this. One of them twice! You can try to get the offense reduced. But you will most likely get the full fine. In there cases " I did not know" did not work.

Best of luck.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #6 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

^ Yeah. Ignorance of the law will not pass as a valid excuse usually. sorry bro. That sux

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

id fight it. the odds the cop even comes in is slim, let alone bring in his dash cam. youd be surprised the amount of rules out there you dont know. so yeah he may be able to use that as his case.

on a side note...did you know you cant get pulled over when heading to or from your place of worship? its in the law for ohio atleast.i got a buddy whos a cop and he tells me all kinds of weird laws and ways to get out of stuff.

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 09-08-2011 at 02:47 PM.
post #8 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Just pay it and put it behind you

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #9 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 03:33 PM

Could you safely move over to the other lane?

The law here in Michigan is you get over or go to 25mph under the posted speed limit if you can't.
post #10 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
ZL1 @ MSRP

I would pay it.

But I also would have moved over to the other lane for safety reasons. Law or not....just as a courtesy.

I feel ya though, it would suck to shell out that kind of money.

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page