"Always Remember" - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

"Always Remember"

Ten years ago we, both as individuals and as a nation, woke to a seemingly normal day. Mere hours into the day, our nation was irrevocably changed forever. Each year at this time, we are reminded to “Never Forget”. While I will not forget the most historical event of my generation, I believe the phrase “Never Forget” is does not convey the appropriate sentiment and emotion. I implore anyone who will bother to read this trivial facebook post to instead “Always Remember”!

“Always Remember” the over 2000 men and women who lost their lives.
“Always Remember” the untold millions who were affected by this single act of terrorism. I hazard a guess that there was not a single American citizen that did not have a connection to the people in the WTC, The Pentagon, or American Airlines Flight 93.
“Always Remember” the incredible sacrifices made by both the NYPD and FDNY – My brothers and sisters, there are no words to express thanks for the true acts of heroism you performed in those days without a thought for your own well-being.
“Always Remember” that while many were lost, we will never know how many ran INTO the WTC to see if they could help.
“Always Remember” those true patriots of Flight 93 who knew they would never see their loved one’s again, but in the span of roughly 30 minutes, devised and executed a plan that saved lives on an EPIC scale.
“Always Remember” the days after, when as a nation, while we were scared, we were “One Nation Under God”.
“Always Remember” that the human spirit is amazing. When faced with adversity, we can come together and forage a brighter future.
“Always Remember” that we live in the greatest country in the world, and that men and women of the military put their lives on the line everyday to protect those same freedoms that we often take for granted, THAT make this the greatest country in the world. My I extend to all you military, active and retired, my heartfelt gratitude for your service. This is one American who respects you, your job, and the sacrifices you make for me to feel safe and secure.
“Always Remember” the first responders both in NY that day and in towns across the nation then and now. They too put their lives on the line everyday.
“Always Remember”, and always pray for a generation of children who continue to grow up without one or both parents as a result of this tragedy.

Never forget the lessons of history, but “Always Remember” September 11, 2001. May you never take life for granted, and live your days with joy and peace.

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #2 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Veteran Member

Very good post Speed. I know I will always remember that day, everything about it. I know I was young and I didnt know what was going on, but I feel for the people who were more than aware of what was going on, who were affected. I respect them, since I will never know the terror, I will never see what they have seen and lose what they have lost. Those first responders really do show that this is the greatest country. They ran into the buildings, not even caring if they died, only if they were able to save just one innocent life. I just have to think about the people on that block that fateful day when I think my like is going bad, "this is a walk in the park for me". God bless the USA, and always remember September 11, 2001
post #3 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Premium Member

Garage
A movie quote comes to mind here...

To defend, this is the Pact.
But when life loses its value
and is taken for naught -
- the Pact is to Avenge.

NEVER forget!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

Last edited by patriotpa; 09-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.
post #4 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 06:47 AM

Garage
Excellent post. I will never forget and will do my best to make sure others do not as well.

And to those in other lands who have any similar ideas against us, BEWARE! We are one nation, under God, we will never forget and we will stay pissed!!!

Remember the words of Adm. Yamamoto after getting reports of the Pearl Harbor attack: "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve!"

Bill

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #5 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
9:03 AM United 175 hits the south tower

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Support MC & Troops

" Never forgotten !"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #7 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Can not forget, I am reminded every day when I am at work at the airport (DFW) we have a flag pole and the names of all lost from our AA family posted in big letters on the connector building between terminal A and C.

We upgraded the lights last night and focused them better on the names and the flags!

Today should be sobering at work.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #8 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 10:53 AM

I will always remember it!

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #9 of 9 Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Since my Dad was a captain for American Airlines at the time, this event changed my life forever. Although he wasn't even in the air that day...I came to realize how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away. I will never forget the fear and the pain that I saw in so many peoples eyes that day in New York City.
God Bless all those first responders that gave their lives that day so that others might live.

I will always remember...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page