The 90 year old motorcycle maker you probably never heard of. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

The 90 year old motorcycle maker you probably never heard of.

Moto Guzzi.

Moto Guzzi

A Italian motorcycle manufacturer that's been around since 1921. Not many people in the States know of them...and there aren't that many dealers (none in KY..what few there were closed down in short order). Which is a **** shame..these are some of the coolest bikes ever..and are consistently some of the highest-rated ones in terms of quality, fit and finish and pure fun.

Yes, the V-twin is transversely mounted..it's also shaft driven instead of chain or belt.

I'm trying to spread the word of these guys..they only have around 300 employees in Italy only making around 10,000 bikes a year for world-wide sales.

As a German dealer youtube video shows..these things just sound amazing:

Starting around $8,800 and going up to around $15,000. They're pricier than some of the asian bikes but are right around (and sometimes cheaper) than Harleys.

I know what my first bike is going to be....if I can find a dealer that's not 6 hours away.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 09-13-2011 at 08:24 AM.
post #2 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Garage
Guzzi are great bikes and have a unique V-twin sound! One of my riding buddies has a V-65 Lario and it is so neat! Never fails to draw a crowd when we ride.

Bill

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #3 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

I heard of them...I met a girl who was going for a world record...by riding across every continent on the planet....on a Guzzi.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #4 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Not many people have heard of them.
I don't remember ever seeing one around here. B(

Their sound seems to be a mix of Harley rumble and Ducati whine.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 09:10 PM

Really, if you have heard of Harley you should have heard of a guzzi.......

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Not many people have heard of them.
I don't remember ever seeing one around here. B(

Their sound seems to be a mix of Harley rumble and Ducati whine.
Ummm, Ducati whine? Ever heard a Duc in person? No whine there, you must be thinkin' of the I4 sportbikes. Just 90deg L-Twin thump & roar on my Monster.... In the second video while we were screwing around takin' vids a park ranger thought one of the bi-planes in the area had landed on the road and came to see what was going on!

Monster S4RS :: Sounds badass even on a Cellphone video by hypurone - Photobucket

Monster S4RS :: S4RS w/ 50mm Termi Sys NO Baffles video by hypurone - Photobucket

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #7 of 10 Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Ummm, Ducati whine? Ever heard a Duc in person? No whine there, you must be thinkin' of the I4 sportbikes. Just 90deg L-Twin thump & roar on my Monster.... In the second video while we were screwing around takin' vids a park ranger thought one of the bi-planes in the area had landed on the road and came to see what was going on!

Monster S4RS :: Sounds badass even on a Cellphone video by hypurone - Photobucket

Monster S4RS :: S4RS w/ 50mm Termi Sys NO Baffles video by hypurone - Photobucket

There are other Ducati bikes than the Monster. Some of them have a slight whine at higher RPM's. Same with the Guzzi V7 Classic.

And I don't mean strict RPM whine. I meant a slight background whine while the engine was slowing down.

Quote:

Last edited by Luwinkle; 09-14-2011 at 08:06 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
There are other Ducati bikes than the Monster. Some of them have a slight whine at higher RPM's. Same with the Guzzi V7 Classic.

And I don't mean strict RPM whine. I meant a slight background whine while the engine was slowing down.
Tons of other Ducati's, most with the same 90 deg L-twin.

Just never heard anything remotely akin to a whine in any one of them is all..... Though I have never heard a bevel drive in person.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #9 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Support MC & Troops

my dad had one

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #10 of 10 Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
My neighbor in Mass had one. That were I remember them from. But if someone not into bikes. I can understand why they would not know of them.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page