Next gen Mustang already complete? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

Next gen Mustang already complete?

Ford’s next-gen Mustang – less retro, more future focused

The year 2014 is shaping up to be a big one for the Ford Mustang. The iconic model will celebrate its 50th anniversary and to mark the occasion an all-new production model will be released. The announcement came last week from Ford’s design chief, J Mays, who spoke at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

According to Mays, the design of the next-generation Mustang has already been completed – three years ahead of its launch. But what’s more interesting is Mays statement that the new version of Ford’s pony car will be more future focused than retro styled.

“Both redesigns introduced in 2005 and 2010 are retro vehicles,” Mays said at the Frankfurt Motor Show. “The challenge with the 50th anniversary car is to not just look back over your shoulder, but to try to win all of the Mustang faithful yet bring the brand forward as well.”

It sounds like a tough task and if there’s anything that really angers badge fans it’s poorly considered exterior styling. However, Mays is confident that, even though the new Mustang will be different, it will still keep the famous models character.

“It has to look like a Mustang, but you go down a list of things than might or might not be necessary to make the car look like a Mustang,” said Mays.

The next-gen Mustang is a very important machine for Ford with the current model falling behind in sales to its rival, GM’s Chevrolet Camaro. In the States, the first eight months of the year has seen Chevrolet’s pony car outsell the Mustang by more than 10,000 units.

Plenty more will be revealed on the next-generation Mustang in the next few years.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #2 of 4 Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 PM

Garage
I've owned a bunch of Mustang GTs, (85, 98, 03, 09) and I was really happy when then went retro with the latest model. However, nothing is like the retro 2010-12 Camaros, they just stir the soul.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Mustang...but I'll never go back...Chevy Runs Deep!
post #3 of 4 Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Yeah, but after all that....its still just a Mustang.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #4 of 4 Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonppr View Post
“The challenge with the 50th anniversary car is to not just look back over your shoulder, but to try to win all of the Mustang faithful yet bring the brand forward as well.”

As I love my Camaro and honestly wouldnt sell it for anything as its my first new one.
However when I first joined this site before we had a image of a new Camaro I was one of the only people saying Retro is only going to hurt todays sports cars.

Lets quit trying to remake a car ( looks wise ) that did its job 40 years ago lets move into the future.
Ford just as well as everyone else is running out of idea so they went retro to buy some time.

Where is the challenger going looks wise after this ?
I do think GM and Ford could go futureistic meaning keep the mustang like taillights and Gm's frontend. Every Mustang and Camaro have something thats says CAMARO/Mustang.

I knew this was going to happen. As for the mustang already redisigned 3 years ahead of him dont worry it will change CAFE will make it change even if its the odds and ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SSRS View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do with the Mustang...but I'll never go back...Chevy Runs Deep!
You would be a hell of a marketing guy lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page