Fun with Photoshop... and a little wishful dreaming - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Fun with Photoshop... and a little wishful dreaming

A friend of mine recently had an HHR as a rental for a business trip, he returned and was really impressed with it. We've been discussing if we would or wouldn't consider owning one. I really like the styling of the HHR, my concern was if it would be under powered... after 20 minutes or so of seat time in the rental, I would own one. Not my next ride, but possibly the one after that.

As much as I like the styling of the HHR, I like the look of the HHR Panel even more. Me being me, I had to put my personal touch on one

Scooba Steve
post #2 of 8 Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Steve
I have a HHR 2 LT with a 2.4 ecotec and auto. I love it and it has much more power than I ever thought. It has a short stroke but when the rpm's kick in....hold on!

It now has 58k on it and had no trouble other than normal wear, great car not a panel but "black"!
I even still get a smile on my face when I drive it (now the wife's daily driver)when not on my Camaro 2SS!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 8 Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

Garage
That would make a very nice little business vehicle.
I'd go a little more retro with the paint scheme. No flames, classic simplicity all the way.
I can't draw a circle using a coffee can as a guide, so drawing what I mean is out.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

It's good to hear from an actual HHR owner. I doubt I'll get a panel right away as I will need the versatility of a 5 passenger wagon as a daily driver... and used 5 passengers are way more plentiful than panels right now.

I read that this is the last year for the HHR, in fact sales of the HHR should be pretty much done by the end of this month.

I'm sure I'll play around with dozens of designs before I actually get my hands on an HHR Panel.

Scooba Steve
post #5 of 8 Old 10-15-2011, 12:15 AM

I like the panel myself.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #6 of 8 Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Support MC & Troops

nice &

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #7 of 8 Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 AM

Visibility in the Panel version is horrible. I drove one at work for about 6-months, and if it weren't for the reverse camera, I probably would've hit several things while backing up; changing lanes was no fun either.

All in all, it was a fun and comfortable car to drive, but it was impracticle for our line of work. I've seen on other forums too where members have installed backseats in their Panel HHRs to make them more functional for the family.

Here's the one I had to drive:

post #8 of 8 Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1026 View Post
Visibility in the Panel version is horrible. I drove one at work for about 6-months, and if it weren't for the reverse camera, I probably would've hit several things while backing up; changing lanes was no fun either.

All in all, it was a fun and comfortable car to drive, but it was impracticle for our line of work. I've seen on other forums too where members have installed backseats in their Panel HHRs to make them more functional for the family.

Here's the one I had to drive:

I drove an S10 pickup (standard cab, long bed) with a solid sided cap for 3 years, so I'm no stranger to driving a vehicle with huge blind spots.

I've seen posts on a couple HHR forums about swapping out the storage box for a back seat. Looks like a pretty straight forward project.

Scooba Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page