RIP Vin 111666 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

RIP Vin 111666

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I just wanted to tell the world thanks for letting me be a part of something so special as owning a 2010 SS Camaro (delivered June 10, 2010). 2 weeks ago yesterday, I was heading up to Atlanta from Macon in the far left lane and a girl in the far right lane appeared to have sped up then swerved over and around to me. She ended up plowing my rear end and spinning me down the guard rail twice. It was VERY scary and I had to go to the ER because my back smashed against the lumbar side support on the right side and I could barely move for days. My seatbelt did not hold and the whole seat broke since I was thrown forward then back into it. My face hit the top of the window/pillar pod but it was just swollen for a few days. My poor car is totaled and I'm a mess about it. Nobody understands what these cars mean to us and maybe one day again I will own another although it won't be like this first one.

They tell me I'm lucky because this could have been way worse since it was on the interstate.

Here are some pics from the wreck....

*ROBIN*
Visit Robin Cook Photography
post #2 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

jeebus! i'm so sorry to hear that. i'm glad you're okay and i hope you get back to 100% soon. i would be devastated too. will you be getting another Camaro?

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Unless they give me a settlement I want then I won't be able to. I'd be working my tail off to get it paid down. Plus that one was pretty special (we all think ours are special). I may get a little SUV for a year or two and then get another one after that. I can barely see one ride by as it is now and not feel all emotional.

*ROBIN*
post #4 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

wow! the air bag didnt even blow? yet a guy doing a drifting contest had his air bag blow out on him? weird..... and the seatbelt didnt work? is there a law suit going on right now? sounds like nothign was working to keep you safe like gm preaches.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #5 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 AM

wow... just....... wow. Sorry to see this. I hate seeing threads like this.

Jeez, the "other guy" got it worse from the looks of the first picture. I am glad to read you weren't hurt too badly and are on the road to recovery. A little surprised that none of the airbags deployed? Unless they were cut away before the pictures were taken?

Completely agree with you that people don't understand the attachment that some have to their cars. Not just Camaro's in general, but cars. The only people who understand my attachment to the Camaro is the people who share that attachment.

One day the planets will align you'll be "back in the saddle" again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #6 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

I have to agree that I'm shocked both the airbags and seatbelt failed. The Lord works in Mysterious ways, but more importantly, at least you are on the road to recovery.

I wish you the best, I wish you have a 100% recovery, and that you do end up getting another Camaro......
post #7 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Nope the airbags did not deploy and seatbelt failed........ very sad indeed. No lawsuit YET however the young girl has lots of priors for bad driving and her mom is not a nice person...

*ROBIN*
post #8 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:52 AM

Sorry for your loss and I hope everything works out for the best for you.

2011 2SS CGM/IO Convertible - MySSt
post #9 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Supporting Super Moderator

Wow Sorry to hear and hope you recover fully.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #10 of 31 Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry that happened to U and Ur Nice Ride!!! Glad Ur OK, it def could have been Worse... Most Important, Take Care of Ur self... Def sounds like the Makings of a Good Lawsuit towards the Girl and possibly GM for the Equipment Failures!!!!!!!

Retired US Air Force & Loving Life!!!
2012 Corvette "Centennial Edition" Coupe
2012 Grand Sport 3LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page