Carb Spacers? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-13-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Carb Spacers?

Hi Everyone,

Working my tail off, I've been able to gather up more parts for the Monte, in the next couple days I hope to get these parts on. (If everything goes well)

Edelbrock 1806 - Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS Carburetors - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Edelbrock 2601 - Edelbrock Performer Air-Gap Intake Manifolds - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I came across an article on carb spacers and I've read mixed reviews about them from various forums. I'm looking for low-end torque and a 1" 4-hole design comes up again and again. I don't have the carb knowledge a lot of you do, so I'm curious to see if these are worth the couple bucks.
post #2 of 7 Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 PM

I think I may have one lying around that you can have for a six pack. I am not sure it will help your 350, but you never know!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
80s Adam Where have you been?

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #4 of 7 Old 10-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member

Probably just like throttle body spacers..it depends on altitude, humidity, etc.
Some people have noticeable gains..others have noticeable losses..and other others have nothing at all.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 7 Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
My only benefit using them was in eliminating vapor lock and other various "hot start/off idle/low speed" conditions. For one to be truly effective it must be made of phenolic resin or a similar compound. They are the true heat BLOCKERS...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 7 Old 10-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member

Hey 80's Adam! It has been a while since we've all seen you on. I run that same exact intake on Jade, almost. The only difference is, I have the Performer RPM Air Gap Intake, with the matching heads. I've never been a fan of Edelbrock carbs, only because I love to do my own custom tuning, but for the money, you really can't beat Edelbrock when it comes down to straight out of the box.

For your question about spacers, I run a 1" custom billet spacer on Jade, and it made a world of difference. Edelbrock has some really nice spacers that will match that intake, and IMO- that's the most important part. When you raise the carburetor, you're allowing for better air and fuel flow down into the engine. Just remember, you will have to adjust your throttle linkage for the additional length, and you'll need longer carburetor bolts.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-15-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
80s Adam Where have you been?
Oh I've been around...

I'm Working a lot, living life a little, and trying to get myself on a career path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page