trade in question. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

trade in question.

Hey everyone, for those that dont know I have a 08 Pontiac G8 GT i'm thinking of trading in on a ss. Everything will go back to stock if I trade the G8 in but right now it has a CAI, DT tri y headers, and axle back on her. I don't want to do all the work of turning it back to stock if they dont come close to what I want for the car.

My question is how will those mods effect the trade in value, I will tell them that it will be back to stock if i do trade it in.
post #2 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

its not alot of work. those mods should take you less than 4 hours to take off and replace with the other parts. dont trade it in with the mods on it. they dont care about them. youll get more $ sellingthem after you trade in the G8. dont even show them the car with the mods on it. wait until their off. obviously you want a new camaro, so take the parts off and return it to stock. why dont you look it up and see what trade in value is on it? then you can see if your gonna be close to what you want or not. id take off a thousand or 2 and low ball yourself. then if you get more $ its a bonus.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 10-20-2011 at 09:03 AM.
post #3 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

The mods will be taken off and the car will be back to stock if I trade it in. 4 hours of work is not bad, my concern is that the dealership wont give me close to what I want for the car and then ill spend another 4 hours putting the mods back on.
post #4 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Premium Member

Garage
You'll get more selling the car yourself.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
You'll get more selling the car yourself.
+ 1 ( its just better to sell it on yo own ! IMO)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #6 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
The mods will be taken off and the car will be back to stock if I trade it in. 4 hours of work is not bad, my concern is that the dealership wont give me close to what I want for the car and then ill spend another 4 hours putting the mods back on.
yes i know, but dont show them the car with the mods. and like i said, you sound liek your getting a camaro either way eventually. so take the mods off and sell them and then trade the car in. remember youll get $ for the mods, so add that to your money your getting from a trade in. you cant honestly tell me that by looking at blue book value, you cant tell if its what your wanting or not? and no one ever really gets what they want for trade in. so expect the worste.

Brixton Forged
post #7 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 11:21 AM

You will get more money for it if you sell the car yourself. However, make sure to take precautions by using a proper "Bill of Sale" form should you decide to go that route.

I used this one when I sold my Dodge Stratus.

Free Car Sales Agreement for automobiles, trucks and trailers

It covers the bases pretty well.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #8 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
yes i know, but dont show them the car with the mods. and like i said, you sound liek your getting a camaro either way eventually. so take the mods off and sell them and then trade the car in. remember youll get $ for the mods, so add that to your money your getting from a trade in. you cant honestly tell me that by looking at blue book value, you cant tell if its what your wanting or not? and no one ever really gets what they want for trade in. so expect the worste.
KBB says 18-19 I was hoping more around 20-21 for trade in. I owe 20.5 still

Your right I do have my mind set on the camaro and when i have my mind set to something I normally do it. However more and more cars I buy i get pickier and things have to be my way.
post #9 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

well, they may tell you theyll give you pay off. but you wont know til you get in.

Brixton Forged
post #10 of 25 Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Support MC & Troops

If you owe 20.5 & KBB states 18-19, the dealer won't give you a cent sorry (!),
you need to sale it on your own w/ the mods on so you'll come out ahead IMO
My neighbor just bought a new 2013 car & they tried to get a dealer to give them 8K for their older car,
even though KBB stated their old car was 8K, the dealer wouldn't budge, get this..,
the dealer went down to 6K, he stated he would not make a profit off it,
even though, they had 20K in cash, so me neighbor moved on, sold it on his own,
got the 8K + some & went to a different dealer all together.
Good luck, keep us posted & ohh.. we luv pics once you get yo Camaro +

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page