ZL1 Convertible HP & color - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
ZL1 Convertible HP & color

Okay here's a couple question's on the new 2013 ZL1 Convertible;
One.. Its 580HP, from what GM states, but we all know the coupe has more power because of the weight of a convertible,
so is it 580HP or is the coupe going to be higher in HP, if we look at comparison to the SS models, there's a slight HP
increase in coupes vs verts or is their going to be a great change like the Automatics vs Manual transmissions (26HP) ?
" If we go by GM past, the base model has the M6 & should be rated @ 580HP & A6's will be rated @554HP !".

Two.. last but least, theirs no mention of any new colors being used tho, only Silver Ice Metallic, Imperial Blue Metallic,
Red Jewel Tintcoat, Summit White, Black, Cyber Gray Metallic, Vicotry Red, Rally Yellow, Inferno Orange Metallic,
and possibly a (rumor IMO) Synergy Green Metallic, but no other blue's ?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #2 of 9 Old 10-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Premium Member
 
patriotpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,215
  
Garage
Cappuccino Mocha Frappe' is the latest new color.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
patriotpa is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 10-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Member
 
Nick 2K2 SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 155
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Okay here's a couple question's on the new 2013 ZL1 Convertible;
One.. Its 580HP, from what GM states, but we all know the coupe has more power because of the weight of a convertible,
so is it 580HP or is the coupe going to be higher in HP, if we look at comparison to the SS models, there's a slight HP
increase in coupes vs verts or is their going to be a great change like the Automatics vs Manual transmissions (26HP) ?
" If we go by GM past, the base model has the M6 & should be rated @ 580HP & A6's will be rated @554HP !".

Two.. last but least, theirs no mention of any new colors being used tho, only Silver Ice Metallic, Imperial Blue Metallic,
Red Jewel Tintcoat, Summit White, Black, Cyber Gray Metallic, Vicotry Red, Rally Yellow, Inferno Orange Metallic,
and possibly a (rumor IMO) Synergy Green Metallic, but no other blue's ?
How does weight impact horsepower? Unless GM were to detune the Convertible for chassis strength reasons the engine would produce the same HP. The engine doesn't care how much the car weighs for the HP it makes. The car's performance numbers for 1/4 mile and road course might be deminished due to increased weight but the power level wouldn't be different.
The only reason there is a HP difference in the SS models is because the L99 is used in the Auto's which has Active fuel management and variable valve timing. So the L99 is rated 26 HP less than the LS3 that is used in the Manual Trans cars. The cars are not rated at the rear wheels either they are rated at the flywheel so the rating from GM wouldn't change just because of an Auto or Manual. In the Camaro's case it's simply a different engine used in the Auto vs the Manual.
Nick 2K2 SS is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 10-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Senior Member
 
JoJo Zzang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 585
 
My understanding was that the COUPE was 580hp.

2010 Limited Edition Synergy Green Camaro

JoJo Zzang is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 10-23-2011, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick 2K2 SS View Post
How does weight impact horsepower? Unless GM were to detune the Convertible for chassis strength reasons the engine would produce the same HP. The engine doesn't care how much the car weighs for the HP it makes. The car's performance numbers for 1/4 mile and road course might be deminished due to increased weight but the power level wouldn't be different.
The only reason there is a HP difference in the SS models is because the L99 is used in the Auto's which has Active fuel management and variable valve timing. So the L99 is rated 26 HP less than the LS3 that is used in the Manual Trans cars. The cars are not rated at the rear wheels either they are rated at the flywheel so the rating from GM wouldn't change just because of an Auto or Manual. In the Camaro's case it's simply a different engine used in the Auto vs the Manual.
Yea.. so the ZL1 will still have L99's for A6 & LS3 for M6, so same theory as
the SS models,
so the weight is going to minimal on the vert's HP "thx, thats great news !"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo Zzang View Post
My understanding was that the COUPE was 580hp.
GM.. released to the press that the ZL1 convertible will have 580HP as well



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Member
 
Nick 2K2 SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 155
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Yea.. so the ZL1 will still have L99's for A6 & LS3 for M6, so same theory as
the SS models,
so the weight is going to minimal on the vert's HP "thx, thats great news !"


GM.. released to the press that the ZL1 convertible will have 580HP as well
The ZL1 is getting the LSA. Not an L99 or an LS3. So no the theory is not the same.
Nick 2K2 SS is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick 2K2 SS View Post
The ZL1 is getting the LSA. Not an L99 or an LS3. So no the theory is not the same.
Woa.. um... wait.. the LSA is a single type motor of its own
so my A6 vert will be exactly the same as that of a coupes M6 or A6
Oh.... heck yea ! ! thats the best news I've heard of yet !

Sweet !!!

I Want my BB now !!


.......*** Party like a rock star ***......



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 AM
ZL1 @ MSRP
 
little_bank_robber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sparta Chevrolet, Sparta MI
Posts: 1,484
 
Official color list on ZL1 is:

Black
Ashen Gray
Imperial Blue Metallic
Inferno Orange Metallic
Rally Yellow
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
little_bank_robber is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Official color list on ZL1 is:

Black
Ashen Gray
Imperial Blue Metallic
Inferno Orange Metallic
Rally Yellow
Silver Ice Metallic
Summit White
Victory Red
Crystal Red Tintcoat
Anna,
Miss seeing you around, always get a kick out of your posts !
um, wouldn't that be funny if GM did release CGM, just after you buying your bb
" don't kill me j/k !" I know you would still keep your bb &



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome