My LED LCD Sharp TV quit working. Any ideas of what it could be? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-08-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

My LED LCD Sharp TV quit working. Any ideas of what it could be?

I have a lc60le810un (lc-60le810un) sharp Aquos 60" LCD LED. The warranty just ran out about 2 months ago We were watching it last night and it turned off and now the only thing it will do is the lighted logo on the front will flash. It does one flash and then a short flash. It just does this over and over. I can't find anything that tells what this trouble code is. I hope I can figure it out and it won't cost to much to replace the part.

Anyone have any experience with this?

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #2 of 16 Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Not looking good. From what I have gathered it could be the LCD panel that is bad and it cost more than the TV. This TV is just out of waranty and costed $2600 new. I guess this is the last time I will buy a Sharp.

post #3 of 16 Old 11-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
That sucks man. I have a 46" Sharp that is at least 4 years old and is still going strong.

I had a problem with its display going all green when the wife was changing channels. After much testing etc it turned out to be the cable box was sending a mismatched signal. Got the cable box replaced and no more probs.

Does the TV display any type of signal like a DVD or ??

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #4 of 16 Old 11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member

I got a samsung 55". No issues whatsoever. Our old 55" projection Sony is at my mother in laws, and it's still going strong on the original bulb since 2002...

And I got a 4 year warranty for the Samsung...so it won't break until it's 4 years and one day old.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #5 of 16 Old 11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I only buy Visio, they have good parts available at a resonable price. The only time I saw one like yours do this was when the cooling fan locked up. The cpu that runs the video can see the signals from the fan or fans and if one fails it will shut down to protect itself. They usually show a brief code on the screen before shut down. I took the back off and turned it on to see which fan was not running and rebuilt it with some good Tri-lube and good as new.

Need more info to help more, but a quick trip to Sams's Club will be your best bet $$ vs Product with warranty +.

We have the 47" Visio with all the bells and whistles , amazing unit even has input for usb2.0 and internet built in for under 900.00. Extended warrany from Club as 110.00 for two years making six total.

If you get a new unit be sure to get a 120 mhz or greater for the best pictures.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #6 of 16 Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

I pulled it apart earlier today to see if anything noticeable was wrong. I took pics of everything. I didn't see any cooling fans on the part I pulled apart, but I only pulled the back off.

post #7 of 16 Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I got a samsung 55". No issues whatsoever. Our old 55" projection Sony is at my mother in laws, and it's still going strong on the original bulb since 2002...

And I got a 4 year warranty for the Samsung...so it won't break until it's 4 years and one day old.
I usually buy Sony, but when I got this one it was the only one I could find that big that was LED LCD and that is what I was wanting. My last TV was a 60" Hitachi rear projection LCD and I had to put a bulb in once a year and about the 5th year the color quit working and then I got this one. My grandfather got a Sony at the same time 55" and he is still on the original bulb. My aunt got a 62" Hitachi and she has had to change bulbs like I did, but now there are tiny dots all over the screen and she is looking to replace it soon.

post #8 of 16 Old 11-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Unfortunately Sharp is known for poor customer service...at least on their TVs anyway. I hope you are able to get it repaired because that's a lot of money to write off to a learning experience. Personally, I won't buy anything other than Sony or Samsung. But my last two Sony's let me down so I know have 5 Samsungs and I'm still waiting for one to break.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-09-2011, 03:59 AM

look on the internet for your particular problem there is usually at least one or 2 people out there that have had the same problem. We have flat screens at work in the hospital. Haven't had a big one like yours go out yet but we have had a or 32 inch go out and alot of 26 inchers go out. Not as many parts on the flat screens usually 3 or 4 major parts that are the problem. I will see if I can find something out at work. This is what I found on the internet which sounds like it might be your problem.
Sharp LC60LE810UN 60 in LCD TV Logo

lip sync
lc60le810un power light
tv won turn white arrow
dvd flashing off
dark spot screen
anything
blinks
hdmi
hdcp
ps3
flashing light
led
flashes
low sound
screen
power light flashing
power light
connect cable box
reset
volume

Problem with Sharp LC60LE810UN 60 in LCD TV
i turned on the tv it turned on normally then it turned off and it does not turn on again the power light is flashing no response on the remote

Posted by avatarerick_g1987 on Mar 08, 2011

Hi Erick,

This is an indication of out-of-regulation in the power supply section. The very common caused of this fault is the dried-up/leaky electrolytic capacitor in that section. It will drop the supply from normal voltage and will disable the unit and blinking error appear. Sometimes it has a bulged/dome at the top but not all, it is better that you have a capacitor checker/tester to determine its condition. Also, bad solder joints can produce the same symptom, it is hard to spot, you should use table lamp/portable lamp for finding the cold solder. Secondary reason of fault is the open fuse/fusible resistor in series with the output of regulator IC/transistor, shorted/openRegulator IC/transistor, shorted zener diode(all are in the power supply section) and the microcontroller. Best that you check the output voltage of each regulator to determine where the fault came from and narrow the job.

If you don't have necessary tools and test instruments, and can't do the job yourself, I would advice you to look for a professional to troubleshoot the problem. Don't attempt to work in the power supply if you don't know the safety precaution of handling it, there some stored electricity enough to hurt you with a little mistake only.

Hope I helped you.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for using Fixya.

For some reason the maker of these caps got some bad material seen this alot on our 20 inch flats first thing we do is solder new caps in to see if this fixes the problem. If you don't feel comfortable about doing this I think it might not be too bad to get an estimate on what it would cost to fix it. Might not be but a few 100 dollars but it you paid 2600.00 for it it might be worth the cost. I hope this helps you.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Support MC & Troops

Sorry to hear this, I have/had several types of X-brands of large TV's go bad, from LED, LCD,
Plasma, DLP & Projection go bad, in this last yr I had three of our TV's go bad, two of our
biggest TV's go bad, our 82" Mitsubishi DLP (6mo old), mother board went bad,
it was under warranty but it would of cost us $600.xx to replace if it wasn't under warranty ,
our other big TV.. 62" Plasma TV went bad 5dys after the warranty was gone,
it was the two mother boards that went bad, $500.xx later and all was good again.
NOTE: cause of failure is because of lack of cooling to the mother boards.

I found that most makers of these big/huge TV's, don't build them to last long..
at least for the mother boards & cooling systems, a friend of mine told me the
makers/manufactures of these TV's do this to make money & if they wanted quality
they would go out of business (Really...WTF...why ?) /,
most makers don't put enough cooling fans to keep the mother boards cool, plus
depending on many factors, how close the TV is to the wall, temperature of the house,
dust collecting on & in the TV, how long the TV is used / running daily,
these things shorten the life of these big space heaters.

I feel your pain bro, I remember the good old days where TV's lasted 20+yrs,
not any more
If you can go through and test all of your components, your golden but from the sound of it
your probably out of your element & can't, so I would recommend you shop for a good
repair place, have them come out & test/check your TV, set a plan on how much you'll pay
to repair your TV, see how much it will cost to get it fixed, then determine if its worth
the cost to get it repaired or replaced.
If I was you, I'd also find out, how much the mother boards cost, you might find them
cheaper than the repair place, if they tell you their bad, some places on the net will offer
warranty's on the boards them self, witch the repair place might not, it depends on their
service, some will offer 30days or more & some places will give you more for the board(s)
it all depends on the repair place & seller of parts.

I hope this helps, keep us updated on what you find out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page