Stupid problem.. stupid thread. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Stupid problem.. stupid thread.

Anybody have any insight on how to install an upper shock mount on a 92 yj? i've done shocks before and never had any issues, but i busted one somehow on the highway on the way back, and i've spent 6 freaking hours ****ing around with this **** thing.

Fact is, i can't get the bushing past the bolt threads and onto the smooth portion of the bolt where the bushing is supposed to sit. The bolt is welded onto the undercarriage, but i was able to get at it with a C clamp and still no dice, i've torn the shock to bits trying to wrestle it on, probably have to get a new one and tell the shop to put the sob on for me. Would maybe getting a new bushing for it be the way to go? i'm not sure, but i'm sick of tearing my hands up trying to shove this thing on.

post #2 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

ok hun can you clarify. i'm trying to follow the thread and can't figure out if you need help getting the old shock off or the new shock on. and if you have pics that would be even better

when you got your shock did you get two different sizes bushing and sleeves with it? sometimes when you get replacement shocks you'll get the two different sizes for different bolt sizes and it sounds like your bushing and sleeve on the shock needs to be one size bigger for the size of the bolt

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #3 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
ok hun can you clarify. i'm trying to follow the thread and can't figure out if you need help getting the old shock off or the new shock on. and if you have pics that would be even better

when you got your shock did you get two different sizes bushing and sleeves with it? sometimes when you get replacement shocks you'll get the two different sizes for different bolt sizes and it sounds like your bushing and sleeve on the shock needs to be one size bigger for the size of the bolt
Sorry, i wasn't really thinking too rationally, but it was the right rear, and all i was trying to do was get the new one on. What happened was that it didn't come with any bushings, and the one that was on the top of the shock was too small for the bolt. i'll have to run back to the store and ask for a different bushing. /thread.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

hopefully this weekend I'll have a much happier thread, just ordered some new wheels for the jeep, i think you all will approve . This thing's been frustrating me for a couple days now, so every time i have to fool with it i get more pissed off lmao

post #5 of 5 Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

cool can't wait to see the pics with the new wheels and sounds like you are getting the shock issue sorted out. if you have any other problems shoot me a message

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page