Corvette owners against Camaro having same hp rating? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Corvette owners against Camaro having same hp rating?

I don't get it. What's the problem? Why do so many Corvette owners hate the idea of the Camaro having the same amount of hp as the Corvette? They try to justify their argument by using "Well, I paid $20,000 more for my car, so by the Camaro getting the same amount as hp, I'm not getting my money's worth". Um.......hello! You are getting your money's worth! The Corvette is smaller, weighs less, and handles better. Even in straight line performance, the Camaro will only keep up for so long until the Corvette pulls away, so why can't us Camaro lovers get the best that GM can offer to us? Yes, you paid $20,000 more for your car, AND you got $20,000 more of a car! So please, explain why you hate this idea so much.
post #2 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM

I have seen this argument before. The Corvette usually gets the top gun engine a year or two before the Camaro does. A few exceptions of course.

The more cars they can put the newest in engine design in the better for everyone.
post #3 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

The Corvette is lighter..so while it has the same HP rating it'll still go faster..and it'll handle better. The Corvette is an elite sportcar..the Camaro is a dirty muscle car.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM

Having spent A LOT of time around Corvette owners, I've never heard one complain about Camaro HP. Actually, it seems that a good portion of them don't care about anything that doesn't have to do with the Corvette.

On the other hand, I've heard plenty of Camaro owners bring the subject up.

They're two different cars designed for different purposes.

Dirt!

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 11-20-2007 at 08:45 PM.
post #5 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Dark Side Moderator

I honestly think the arguement is from the corvette owner who dont understand cars in general (the people who lay down money and prolly still think its just a new body style). This arguement is heard from those type of corvette guys; which in turn give the real corvette enthusiest a bad name.

Most of my friends who own a vette understand the reality of the performance and purpose of the car. Its generally the older guys who are too afraid or too good to change there own oil that I hear the BS from.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #6 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

Its usually the vette owners who have them for the social status that i see rag on f bodies in general

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #7 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer View Post
Having spent A LOT of time around Corvette owners, I've never heard one complain about Camaro HP. Actually, it seems that a good portion of them don't care about anything that doesn't have to do with the Corvette.

On the other hand, I've heard plenty of Camaro owners bring the subject up.

They're two different cars designed for different purposes.
Exactly. Although I do think the new Camaro will perform well on the track considering it will have a lot of power as well as IRS, the Corvette will, and always will remain in a different category than the Camaro.
post #8 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
Exactly. Although I do think the new Camaro will perform well on the track considering it will have a lot of power as well as IRS, the Corvette will, and always will remain in a different category than the Camaro.
Different categories yes, but I think the performance gap will be narrower than it ever has been before.

Dirt!

post #9 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Yeah I've heard this argument alot.

Doesn't really make sense because the Corvette will always be lighter.

And FWIW, some 2005 model vehicles:
Chevrolet Corvette - LS2 - 400hp
Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS - LS2 - 395hp
Pontiac GTO - LS2 - 400hp

...I don't recall hearing many complaints about either of those two.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #10 of 26 Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Dark Side Moderator

Maybe its because in the late 80s, through the 90s, and early 00s if you look at a camaro from 200 yds away from the side; it looks like a vette. Maybe thats why all the old bastards with vettes with poor eye sight complain about the two cars being too much alike. Lol. jk.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page