U.S. Military Screwing Vets, AGAIN!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
CJP
Veteran Member

Angry U.S. Military Screwing Vets, AGAIN!!!

Yet another great reason NOT to join:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/20/...-wounded-vets/

They do us wrong in so many ways.

Your Car, Your Story, only on COMBUSTION CHAMBER!
https://www.youtube.com/c/combustionchamber
post #2 of 12 Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM

I read your post & it makes me so mad about our governement. I never supported our government & always supported the military. I did not grow up in a military family or around it. However this past 02/05/07 my brother's best friend 20 years old Brandon Van Parys (only 20 days in to Iraq) paid the ultimate sacrifice (his memory post below). It has forever changed my life. I am sorry to all those past, present, & future who serve in our armed forces and are forgotten about. Our government is cruel. I can't beleive the article. I will forever be thankful to all armed forces & on thanksgiving and everyday will be keeping everybody in my thoughts & prayers. Thank you all for your sacrifices & services. Please know although our governement does not support you at all like they should, our country supports you!!! God Bless. Shenna

http://www.militarycity.com/valor/2539267.html

Maybe as we all make out our holiday cards this year do not forget all the injured veterans & send cards to an injured service person at the address below. Walter Reed MC is no longer excepting cards that are addressed to "any injured veteran" but the Red Cross will as long as they are in a manilla envelope. Please put a smile on a person who has taken part to ensure our Nations Freedom. They will appreciate it far more then any of us could ever imagine.

Red Cross
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Heaton Pavillion
3EO5
Washington, DC 20307

Current Collection
86 Trans Am - 350 Crate 700 R4 w/ 650 Holley 4 Barrel
87 GTA - 305 TPI w/ T5
93 Custom Toyota 4Runner SR5
94 Custom Honda Accord LX

Previously Owned
85 2.8MPFI Firebird, 87 2.8 MPFI Firebird, 88 Jasper 2.8 Formula Clone, 89 Formula 305TBI, 87 Firebird 305HO
post #3 of 12 Old 11-22-2007, 06:09 AM

Being in the military I have seen some sly ****, however all senators love a good feel good story and 90+% of all vets wronged need only to contact a senator and most get taken care of. Being from a huge military family I know this to be the case in all my family's plight with the military.

On the walter Reed case http://www.snopes.com/politics/chris...ldiercards.asp
Sounds good but its untrue. Try following the links instead.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #4 of 12 Old 11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

Someone mentioned this too me yesterday and I thought it was a joke. I did mention that it wouldn't surprise me one bit though. Still doesn't. Don't know if it's true or not but it really does sound like something they would try.

13 years military, I have so many opinions about how Vets are treated that it would take all day for me to list them here. I thank most Americans for supporting the troops and returning vets. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Still a wannabe.
post #5 of 12 Old 11-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I paid $5 for this title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post
I thank most Americans for supporting the troops and returning vets. Your support is greatly appreciated.
You can thank your lovely government for taking ALL meaning out of that phrase.

Oh well, some of us appreciate you too.

Formerly defunct.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Dark Side Moderator

While I have a different situation than mentioned in the link; Ive been screwed by the military upon discharge and a few time while in. I have an Honorable Discharge with no negative background but still got the shaft. I had contacted a senator; but its like writing fan mail to a favorite cast member of star trek. I say call the nearest and biggest news station thats will listen; because that is the only way to make a senator do something. Sad, but effective. Im not supporting the media, but sometimes use fire with fire.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #7 of 12 Old 11-23-2007, 07:50 AM

Must be the area. My locals hear of a vet story and jump on it . My uncle's case went well and so far my dad's case is doing well too.

post #8 of 12 Old 11-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Dark Side Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
Must be the area. My locals hear of a vet story and jump on it . My uncle's case went well and so far my dad's case is doing well too.
Its good to know. Most people these days could give a **** about strangers. I even wrote Obama in Illinois just to see if I would get a response for the office of a presidental candidate. Nothing. lol.

But then again I served for reason that i didnt have to do with benefits and money; I did it to help others. Irony to me. But its irony I can live with.

2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #9 of 12 Old 11-23-2007, 09:41 AM

Hmm funny I expected more from a freshman senator. Especially one looking at a shot for the presidency. Then again he may be too busy following that avenue.

post #10 of 12 Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Dark Side Moderator

Maybe I should tell CNN, lol.

527rwhp, 479rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page