G8 Coupe/ Firebird - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Burlington , NC
Posts: 2,665
  
G8 Coupe/ Firebird

Ive seen the side profile shot of a G8 coupe photochop; but wanted to do one in a real environment in a 3 quarter view:

So here it is the G8 coupe (or Firebird, to those still ass hurting over the loss, lol.):


2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
Jinx is offline  
post #2 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
 
Luwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 10,420
 
Pff..a G8 coupe wouldn't/shouldn't be labeled the Firebird.

GTO? sure, I can hang with that.

Firebird? Cold day in hell.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Luwinkle is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Member
 
Y2KSS1363's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 170
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Pff..a G8 coupe wouldn't/shouldn't be labeled the Firebird.

GTO? sure, I can hang with that.

Firebird? Cold day in hell.
What he said.

Cheers, Steve SSOA F00-1363 CCSD #204
2000 Camaro SS Lt. Pewter, neutral leather, M6, Hurst, PEG2, ASR, defogger
SLP Chrome ZR1's, D-D exhaust, Bilstein, Castrol, cover, mats, fobs
BMR STB, SLP !CAGS, AAM Diff cover, Chrome Hood Insert, Zaino
Dyno'd at 312 RWHP, 321 RWT
http://camaroclubofsandiego.org
Y2KSS1363 is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Moderator
 
slims00ls1z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,717
 
What's that about a GTO lulu ? lol. Hopefully since the Camaro is retro the GTo will look a little more distinguishable from a cavalier

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
slims00ls1z28 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Member
 
Blackphoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 106
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Pff..a G8 coupe wouldn't/shouldn't be labeled the Firebird.

GTO? sure, I can hang with that.

Firebird? Cold day in hell.
Got to agree with you. No way FIREBIRD!!!! It think it looks like Grand Prix, GTO, Grand Am all smashed together.

Current Collection
86 Trans Am - 350 Crate 700 R4 w/ 650 Holley 4 Barrel
87 GTA - 305 TPI w/ T5
93 Custom Toyota 4Runner SR5
94 Custom Honda Accord LX

Previously Owned
85 2.8MPFI Firebird, 87 2.8 MPFI Firebird, 88 Jasper 2.8 Formula Clone, 89 Formula 305TBI, 87 Firebird 305HO
Blackphoenix is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Moderator
 
USA1Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,229
  
Like I mentioned in another thread, if/since GM won't make a Firebird some else will do it. They will use the 5th Gen Camaro and make the front clip panels/hood, Emblems and whatever else is needed to get it done.

A 2 door G8 called GTO? GM has made similar mistakes with the last GTO, so why not.

Last edited by USA1Camaro; 11-25-2007 at 03:18 PM.
USA1Camaro is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
 
Luwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 10,420
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1Camaro View Post
Like I mentioned in another thread, if/since GM won't make a Firebird some else will do it. They will use the 5th Gen Camaro and make the front clip panels/hood, Emblems and whatever else is needed to get it done.

A 2 door G8 called GTO? GM has made similar mistakes with the last GTO, so why not.
That's what I based my GTO comment off of..it looks better than the previous GTO, so why not?

But if GM called that the Firebird...I will never buy a Pontiac ever .



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Luwinkle is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Y2KSS1363's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 170
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1Camaro View Post
Like I mentioned in another thread, if/since GM won't make a Firebird some else will do it. They will use the 5th Gen Camaro and make the front clip panels/hood, Emblems and whatever else is needed to get it done.

A 2 door G8 called GTO? GM has made similar mistakes with the last GTO, so why not.
The original GTO was an option package for a Tempest. Big car motor in a mid size car.

A two door G8 called a GTO makes sense to me.

Cheers, Steve SSOA F00-1363 CCSD #204
2000 Camaro SS Lt. Pewter, neutral leather, M6, Hurst, PEG2, ASR, defogger
SLP Chrome ZR1's, D-D exhaust, Bilstein, Castrol, cover, mats, fobs
BMR STB, SLP !CAGS, AAM Diff cover, Chrome Hood Insert, Zaino
Dyno'd at 312 RWHP, 321 RWT
http://camaroclubofsandiego.org
Y2KSS1363 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Burlington , NC
Posts: 2,665
  
I threw in firebird cause I could give a crap about a new firebird, personally. I like the fact that there isnt any rebadging and swap-able body parts. (And, yes I like the previous trans am) I think the name should move forward and each division have seperate things going on.

The GTO was a nice car, but it shouldnt have been called a GTO; just like this concept prolly shouldnt be called a Firebird.

I like it to be available as a GXP G8 in 2011 with a LS8 or LS3, then available in the lower trims after the next year. I would think this car would be more realistic than a firebird, because the Aussies are prolly going to want there Monaro in a few years after they get done with dedicating their manpower into the Camaro.

The funny thing is the chop is a complete merging of G8 on a Camaro. The original pic was a 5th gen; then I added G8 body panels (with some shaping to fit) one at a time to it. Plus, I think "retro" isnt in pontiac's theme or plan.


2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq

Last edited by Jinx; 11-25-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Jinx is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Member
 
NemeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fab'ing a T4 header for my Trk
Posts: 206
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
I threw in firebird cause I could give a crap about a new firebird, personally. I like the fact that there isnt any rebadging and swap-able body parts. (And, yes I like the previous trans am) I think the name should move forward and each division have seperate things going on.

The GTO was a nice car, but it shouldnt have been called a GTO; just like this concept prolly shouldnt be called a Firebird.

I like it to be available as a GXP G8 in 2011 with a LS8 or LS3, then available in the lower trims after the next year. I would think this car would be more realistic than a firebird, because the Aussies are prolly going to want there Monaro in a few years after they get done with dedicating their manpower into the Camaro.

The funny thing is the chop is a complete merging of G8 on a Camaro. The original pic was a 5th gen; then I added G8 body panels (with some shaping to fit) one at a time to it.

how hard would it be to chop a 02 ws6 and a 5thgen camaro to form a
5th gen ws6?
5th gen firebird with fil up lights and ws6 ram air type hood

NemeSS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome