Torq-Thrust Ds or Originals? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Torq-Thrust Ds or Originals?

We've Had 3 Snowfalls All Winter So I'm Skipping A Month or 2 And Throwing Some New Wheels On Early. I Like The Look Of The Original Wheels But They Are Definitely Starting To Bore Me. I Have New Radial T/As Waiting For Rims And
I've Narrowed It Down To 2 Sets.

American Racing TTDs or TTOs, I Love The Torq-Thrust Look And The Wheels Origins Are Interesting. I've Googled Hundreds Of Pics But Really Can't Find Any Huge Differences Between The TTDs And TTOs.

TTDs: American Racing 1055761 - American Racing Torq-Thrust D Gray Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

TTOs: American Racing 3095761 - American Racing Torq-Thrust Original Gray Painted Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I Want To Run 15x7s In Front For Sure, But The Rim Dimensions Are Tricky For The Rear. The TTOs Have 15x8.5s, But The TTDs Have 15x8s Or 15x10s.
I Want That "Deep Dish" Bad*** Look, But 10s Might Be Overkill. I'm Considering Ordering One Of Each And Just Seeing Which One Looks Better And Just Return The Loser(s).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bear haha.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	12875  
post #2 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 AM

Just a word of advice, I have polished torque thrust II's on my truck, they look great but the polished aluminum has started pitting pretty bad due to all the corrosive elements (de-icer, brake dust, etc) that they're exposed to.

So in your case, I like the look of the "originals" but they have a machined lip so you'll have to keep up on cleaning them. Just a friendly heads up. Either set will look great though, you can't go wrong.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Garage
Monte's look great with the "Originals"!!!

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012
post #4 of 4 Old 02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member

I'd keep the original wheels on, personally.

Or get some Cragars if you want that 'classic custom' look.

Torq-thrusts remind me too much of mustang wheels.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page