Let GM hear the support for 5th Gen T/A - Sign Petition THANKS - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Let GM hear the support for 5th Gen T/A - Sign Petition THANKS

Hello to all. As being a HUGE 5th Gen Trans AM supporter, I just found out there is a direct petition circulating right now online that is going to be going directly to GM to show our support for the possible soon to be released 5th Generation Trans Am. As per approval by OctaneZ28 ( thank you ) the link is below!!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/B..._The_Trans_Am/

There is currently 837 signatures. Help me show GM it is in DEMAND!!!
If you want this SWEET car to be produced & see it on the road let it be heard, by who could change it from concept to reality - GM. Thank you for reading my thread & showing your support. Shenna

Lets be heard

Current Collection
86 Trans Am - 350 Crate 700 R4 w/ 650 Holley 4 Barrel
87 GTA - 305 TPI w/ T5
93 Custom Toyota 4Runner SR5
94 Custom Honda Accord LX

Previously Owned
85 2.8MPFI Firebird, 87 2.8 MPFI Firebird, 88 Jasper 2.8 Formula Clone, 89 Formula 305TBI, 87 Firebird 305HO

Last edited by LorcinLS1; 11-27-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: fix link
post #2 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM
All-American

sorry i didnt get ur pm back to ya its been one of those days

-->00' Z28 A4 Onyx Black T-Tops...T-Rex Cam, 5.3 Heads, 4200 Nitrous Stall, Dana Elite 4L60E, 3.73 10 Bolt.<--
post #3 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodygrad View Post
sorry i didnt get ur pm back to ya its been one of those days
No problem, no offense to you but getting approval from OctaneZ28 worked out. Now I know it was ok from the MAN-TIM!!! I understand those days, with 2 autistic toddler sons I have those days almost EVERYDAY!! The computer is my ESCAPE. LOL.
post #4 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 08:59 PM

Thumbs up

As long as Lutz is around there will be no Firebird.
especially when Pontiac is getting a G8 sedan, a G8 pick up and a G8 wagon. I think 3 performance models for Pontiac will do in his mind.

and if anything the car thats comming back its the GTO...

with that said I would love to see the Firebird come back. But how? And one thing it has to look like the modern Pontiac and not the bad chops that we have seen around, yours are good if they are yours..but...really those would not work in the direction Pontiac is going. I would say more 3rd gen styling if anything with a little solstice mixed in if there was to a new chicken..

Lutz wants Pontiac to be on par with BMW as far as what they offer.

If you can fit a Trans Am in there that would be cool. Good luck.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #5 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I do not have the knowledge, technology, or talent to design a car. Most of the concepts I show are the work of Kevin Morgan, some others not sure where the originated.
We are all entitled to our opinions however,MPO is not too fond of the G8. I hope that is not the direction Pontiac takes, but time will tell. Despite alot of negative comments on the T/A I do not care if they do not make it, I will get one of the cast iron replicas, which are going to be produced. I just will continue to not like many of the newer model cars coming out & as by my signature, I am definitely down with a 5th Gen being based off the 3rd Gen T/A, whichever way Pontiac goes I hope the Firebird will be reborn if not in 2010 by 2012.

Current Collection
87 GTA - 305 TPI w/ T5

Previously Owned
85 2.8MPFI Firebird, 87 2.8 MPFI Firebird, 88 Jasper 2.8 Formula Clone, 89 Formula 305TBI, 87 Firebird 305HO
post #6 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 09:14 PM

I'm sorry, man. I can't: I love the T/A...but It's just not in the cards.

I asked Scott a while back, why pick the Camaro of the two? What does the Camaro have that the T/A doesn't?
the answer? Volume

The Chevy brand is just apt to sell more cars than Pontiac would, all other variables fixed. And since they picked the Camaro, there happens to be a big push going to end most of this re-badging going on within the GM brands. It's a poor practice. unfortunately, the Trans Am would have to be another re-badging - otherwise...it wouldn't be a Trans Am.

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the Wall, Torque is how far you take it with you."
post #7 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

It seems since I posted the petition NO SUPPORTERS. Any 5th Gen Trans AM Supporters out there? Show your support - back me up.
Although many think the Firebird is dead & Chevy will prevail, I tend to hope this is what will send Pontiac over the top.If they don't produce it I think I might get a Camaro, but probably not until 2018 or so b/c until then I will be holding out for 5th GEN T/A powered by BIG BLOCK w/ 6spd.
Supporters BACK ME UP - SHENNA

Current Collection
87 GTA - 305 TPI w/ T5

Previously Owned

Last edited by Blackphoenix; 11-26-2007 at 09:23 PM.
post #8 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

With the G8 sedan and now recent anouncements of the G8 wagon and G8 ute, IMO the next thing will be the G8 coupe just like G6 has a coupe and sedan.

I think the GTO has the next chance if its not called a G8 coupe

I think Firebird will be the last of those choices.

I can't see it being a 2nd gen retroish firebird and a 1st gen retroish camaro either. Although I do think that some of those 2nd gen 5th gen chops do look good, I just don't think it will happen.

Who knows though. They have not said that there will even be a coupe or not much less what it will be called, but I have heard that Holden is developing a coupe so if I were betting I would bet G8 coupe.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #9 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 PM

also the fact is Pontiac does not own the name Trans Am...Or that they had to pay out to use the name on every T/A they made...So if anything a Firebird would come back. And yes this is the direction Pontiac is taking with its looks for a while..

And its not that we don't think that a new Firebird would be great the fact is that there were alot of petitions just after the Camaro was released with THOUSANDS of signatures on them and GM did not budge, (trust me I signed every one of them)..just a solid NO was most of the replies.
Were just being realists.
and like mentioned and stated the G8 is going to have 2 other variants..
plus a G8 coupe or new GTO...thats 4 cars for Pontaic that will be RWD and V8..how many does Chevy have??? See what I am getting at?
The only reason the original Firebird came to be is cus Pontiac *****ed and got a copy for themselves. Today...Pontiac has what is to be a very wel rounded lineup of performance cars. If they add a 2 door coupe it is hard to throw the name Firebird in there. Just not with the way the GTO has been held onto around here. That is also the reason why Camaro is only being made. If a 2 door is made for Pontiac is not going to share the badge enginering that went into the 1-4th gens.

and last like they mentione sales. if Firebird and Camaro sales were even 50/50 or even 40/60 or somethign like that yes the case could be made they can be brought back together. but the majority were Camaro and firebird was left in the dust.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #10 of 65 Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
I will get one of the cast iron replicas, which are going to be produced. .

What ones are you talking about? the turn key ones from year one? If so you better check to see where that all american muscle car's iron roots really are from??? I can tell you Australia shares alot more in common with its muscle car heritage of ours than where that kit car's parts are being made...

1994 Z28 Autobot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page