NBC bringing back Knight Rider - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 107 Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

NBC bringing back Knight Rider

Hello. I just found out today (5 years have not had cable limited to what I see on cable) NBC plans on bringing back Knight Rider. It is going to be called "Rider" and will be starring Justin Bruening (currently on All My Children, not that I expect any of you guys to know, but if you do, he is Jaime) as Michael Knight's son. A concept Knight Rider drawn by Kevin Morgan who has been working with producers, might be possible KITT. It was inspired by Transformers the movie to make a come back. They are suppose to be running a Pilot and then by fall 2008 have a new series. Did anybody else hear anything? Maybe I will be getting cable for that. I miss STEELERS games & PINKS too, yeah cable is on my to-do list, maybe satellite.

Current Collection
86 Trans Am - 350 Crate 700 R4 w/ 650 Holley 4 Barrel
87 GTA - 305 TPI w/ T5
93 Custom Toyota 4Runner SR5
94 Custom Honda Accord LX

Previously Owned
85 2.8MPFI Firebird, 87 2.8 MPFI Firebird, 88 Jasper 2.8 Formula Clone, 89 Formula 305TBI, 87 Firebird 305HO
post #2 of 107 Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I paid $5 for this title!

Does this mean there might potentially be a new Trans Am? Morgan's concept looks pretty awesome.

Formerly defunct.
post #3 of 107 Old 11-26-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoid View Post
Does this mean there might potentially be a new Trans Am? Morgan's concept looks pretty awesome.
From what I am reading the script is currently in the works. There is suppose to be a pilot 2 hour feature sometime this year. It is going to be aired as a special feature movie. There is definitely going to be a new KITT its just a matter of what he looks like. They say the season is going to be running by Fall 2008. I can't wait. My sons even hum the theme tune.

They are also considering KITT to "transform" into something similar to an Autobot. Also thinking about adding "bad cars" to enhance the digital capabilities. It is still up in the air as previous comebacks for Knight Rider fell through. If the pilot movie does well there is no question it will be brought back if the pilot does poorly bringing it back is on the fence.

Last edited by Blackphoenix; 11-26-2007 at 10:14 PM.
post #4 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Dark Side Moderator

Well NBC better pray they can get a production prototype of a 5th gen Camaro to start converting it into a TA; because the cars will not roll out till near the end of the year. Plus, it would suck if they spent the money to do a conversion on a prototype (if they could get it, or pull a Bumblebee) and never become a series after the pilot like Knight Rider 2000 did.

I would guess a C6 vette or something else more streamlined. Plus I could always see the red scanner lights in the Z06 front scoop in my head.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #5 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member

But Kitt..anything other than a TA? That's just wrong.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 07:37 AM

They have been talking about bringing Knight Rider back for years, I don't think Transformers has much to do with it.

Yes, it's the opti.
96 M6 Black Trans Am T-Top
Mods: Classified

post #7 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Supporter of common sense

Some things need to be left in the Eighties

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #8 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM
See You On Course

As long as Hoff is left back in the 80s, it could be a good show.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #9 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
See You On Course

Theme song anyone?

http://www.kiphs.com/roberts/rider.mp3

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #10 of 107 Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

First, I love Knight Rider. Always have, always will. Remeber though, that although we all KNOW KITT was a T/A, it was never actually stated in the show and all of the badging from the car was removed. Also, there are many things wrong with that concept chop...There's a thunderchicken on the hood, no foglights, the wheels are ALL wrong (KITT was not Smokey and the Bandit) and the same thing for the fender vents. I personally would like to see kit remade as a black on black C6...Maybe a Z06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page