How Did You Come Up With The "NAME" For Your Car? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Helicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rockland, Ma.
Posts: 85
 
How Did You Come Up With The "NAME" For Your Car?

Im not sure if there if there is a thread on this already but I thought it would be cool to hear and have people share there stories on you all came up with the name for your Camaro!

Here is my story on how I named "HELICITY"

I have never named a car....A friend told me after showing him my Camaro that I had to name her! That it was rule of thumb as you would name any baby..LOL In 2008 I bought a 2007 Nissan Titan that I had planned to dress up and modify etc. It was something I have always wanted to do to a vehicle in personalizing it and making it stand out as mine! I was very excited to do this but then my world came crashing down....

A month later after buying my Titan, my 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia..It was the worst news I had ever received in my life! Not to get into depressing details but the root of the topic is that my daughter had to start the battle of her life on a 2 year aggressive treatment plan putting my dreams of modifying my Titan to the side! I lost all interest in doing so with 100% of my focus was to be on my daughter! Well I am happy to say and very grateful to say that my Daughter just celebrated her 7th Birthday this past December and is in full remission and living life very happy as every other 7 year old child!

2 weeks ago I did what I have wish for since the Camaro debuted and came off the production line! I got one!!

So to name my car I thought long and hard..I had names like Silvermist, Misty, Silver Bullet etc...Then I came up with the idea of what words start with my daughters initials...H.E.L....I googled and low and behold I came across the word "Helicity" Meaning when all objects point equally in the same direction they do so in a "Positive" matter and when they don't point equally, it is a "Negative" matter! So with that said, what was a very negative time in my life has now become a very positive time in my life! My daughter is healthy and doing great and now I drive a Camaro that I look forward to personalizing and doing what I never got the chance to do!

My Daughter "Hannah Elizabeth LeBlanc" is "HELICITY"

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Thank you for letting me share!

Helicity

Helicity is offline  
post #2 of 14 Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Bully Proof
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,086
  
Garage
The moment I saw a SGM Camaro (wasn't the one I purchased) I thought to myself..."everyone will be green with envy". So my Camaro had a name a month before I actually bought her. I knew I wanted vanity plates so I applied right away but ENVY was already taken....so I got the next best thing and it wound up being perfect!

Envy is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 03-10-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Helicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rockland, Ma.
Posts: 85
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
The moment I saw a SGM Camaro (wasn't the one I purchased) I thought to myself..."everyone will be green with envy". So my Camaro had a name a month before I actually bought her. I knew I wanted vanity plates so I applied right away but ENVY was already taken....so I got the next best thing and it wound up being perfect!

Kewl, Those are actually legal plates...I thought they were plates u used for like showing...Texas has some kewl looking plates! Massachusetts are boring!
Helicity is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Premium Member
 
patriotpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,215
  
Garage
....um .....


I read the fender?



James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
patriotpa is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
 
Guapo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crestview Fl
Posts: 2,495
 
Garage
I normally don't name my cars. Since I normally don't keep them long. I'm 51 and have had about 55 cars and trucks since I was 15. So in looking for a name, I harken back to my youth and remember a 1967 Cuda that had a picture of the Tazaimain cartoon painted on it. I always liked it. Also I have had a set up Taz floor mats since 2003 and have been in all my cars since. So I deceided to call "HIM" Taz.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
Guapo is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Helicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rockland, Ma.
Posts: 85
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
....um .....


I read the fender?


LMAO!

Helicity is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 AM
MODERATOR
 
54inches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dirty Bay, Texas
Posts: 8,984
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
....um .....I read the fender?
This, never been into NAMING a car. Yours has a good story though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicity View Post
Kewl, Those are actually legal plates...I thought they were plates u used for like showing...Texas has some kewl looking plates! Massachusetts are boring!
Texas has really taken off on their plates. There is an endless supplky of styles, it is ridiculous.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
54inches is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM
sdk
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,970
 
Garage
Baby Doll popped into my head. No story behind it.


2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
sdk is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Bully Proof
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,086
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicity View Post
Kewl, Those are actually legal plates...I thought they were plates u used for like showing...Texas has some kewl looking plates! Massachusetts are boring!
Yes we do have some awesome plate styles and options here in Texas.

I had never even thought about naming a car before Envy came along...not even the C3...it's still nameless. In fact...I thought it was kind of silly to name a car. But Envy isn't just a Camaro to me...she's my creation...my vision brought to life. So I don't expect that everyone should or has to love their Camaro like I do...but I definitely understand now how some people feel about their cars.

The Shelby got a name when it came home to live too. When I bought it...I was really buying it for the awesome custom paint job and I knew it had 718 rwhp...but I had nooo concept of what that actually meant. The most hp I'd ever driven up to that point was a V8 Camaro. So the first time Mike handed me the keys to test drive it...he said "Be careful...it's a real beast." I understood what he meant the minute I turned the key and heard the thing roar...lol.

After I bought it...I tried a million different vanity plate combos and they were all taken so I gave up. But then for a limited time last year...they offered 7 digit plates. I happen to read about it here at MC and thought I'd try some new combinations. The very first thing I tried became the Shelby's name and new plates...


Last edited by Envy; 03-11-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Envy is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 03-11-2012, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Helicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rockland, Ma.
Posts: 85
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Yes we do have some awesome plate styles and options here in Texas.

I had never even thought about naming a car before Envy came along...not even the C3...it's still nameless. In fact...I thought it was kind of silly to name a car. But Envy isn't just a Camaro to me...she's my creation...my vision brought to life. So I don't expect that everyone should or has to love their Camaro like I do...but I definitely understand now how some people feel about their cars.

The Shelby got a name when it came home to live too. When I bought it...I was really buying it for the awesome custom paint job and I knew it had 718 rwhp...but I had nooo concept of what that actually meant. The most hp I'd ever driven up to that point was a V8 Camaro. So the first time Mike handed me the keys to test drive it...he said "Be careful...it's a real beast." I understood what he meant the minute I turned the key and heard the thing roar...lol.

After I bought it...I tried a million different vanity plate combos and they were all taken so I gave up. But then for a limited time last year...they offered 7 digit plates. I happen to read about it here at MC and thought I'd try some new combinations. The very first thing I tried became the Shelby's name and new plates...

You Rock! You have some nice rides!

Like I said also, I never named a car either! But a buddy of mine has a really nice Pontiac G6 all done up and he is the one that convinced me to name my car...Ya there is something that has come over me since getting this car! I have a whole new excitement in my life right now...I spent last night looking at changing over my plates to Vanity plates..As silly as this sounds my plates of 15 years are so beat up that they make my car not look so good...I spent some time last night looking at options and right now I am leaning towards "HEL12" My daughters initials..Short for "HELICITY" and it's a 2012 Camaro...I have also been looking into getting some personalized laser engraved chrome license plate holders...I am developing OCD and a massive wish list of stuff I would love to do...LOL

Took some more pictures today after spending a few hours cleaning her up! Its was a beautiful 50 degrees here today...LOL!

Helicity is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome