Firebird or G8/GTO - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

View Poll Results: Which one?
Firebird 33 61.11%
G8 / GTO 21 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator

Firebird or G8/GTO

Ok, here it is. My 5th gen Firebird Rendering Original. Its a rough draft. So any input would be welcomed for the final draft. The concept's idea is an evolution of the 4th gen; this is because of Pontiac movement of modern design. Pontiac branding is heavily used and remains on a Zeta platform.

This G8/GTO concept was rendered to a milder styling and obvious origin from the four door G8. This would prolly work with the Aussies on have a Monaro at their home; and americans can have a GTO or G8 coupe.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #2 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

I'm lovin the first one.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #3 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 PM

I'm probably biased but Goat. The bird looks a little over the top for me.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #4 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

The first one is a little over the top.... but I think that's why it is fitting for the Firebird name, because Firebird styling always pushed the limits a little bit.

Good work man!

However, in the realms of real car production... I'd vote GTO.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #5 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Supporting Member

I like the first one better. I just don't know about the hood. What would it look like with more of a late 4th gen WS6 ram air look to it?
post #6 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM

#1 please
post #7 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

the bird need something..maybe tone down the lines?? and the nostrils on the bumper have to be G8 like..

if I may I might play up on this..not on computer but in pencil..let me see what I might come up with this weekend..

and who said I hated the idea of a 5th gen bird..I dont just not happening.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #8 of 33 Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 PM

Dear moderator of truth, my wife, Shenna, has been on here 4 a couple of weeks and I told her that she should never have joined this site as you are all Camaro enthusiast, but as I sit here for the first & last time on this site I have realized how one sided the situation truly is. First off, JINX I think you have talent & skill for some cars, but when it comes to the T/A you belong in Pontiac's concept team for you are on the same single track mind of all Pontiacs of "modern age". I understand Pontiac is moving "forward" & trying to create a new signature to be recognized & seperated from the other Auto manufacturers. With this thought you have succeeded as I see the Future 2015 Solstice. To label your concept a GTA is an insult to ALL F-Body Trans Am enthusiast as I see NOTHING regarding a GTA about it, nor a Trans Am of ANY caliber. We are not referring to Pop up headlights either as they do belong in the past as well as 80's style ground effects. Shenna has been very excited & anticipating your concept as everybody on here has spoken very highly of you, the Z06 was hot I will admit, but your interpratation of the T/A in any means was bogus. If you are going to try to bring the T/A back at least do it with some style and honor. Whether others agree or not is a matter of personal opinion. Despite the Trans Am's rebadging nature it was very distinguishable & IMO above the rest. You could easily tell a Trans Am or Camaro from a mile away even going 100 mph. It was not a replica of all "modern day" production models. It had personality & beauty of its own something Pontiac is lacking as they are making thousands of cars which replicate each other especially in the front clip. You say it is something they are late to do as Imports have been doing it for years, imports sell because they are good cars not because they ALL look the same!!! I was completely against imports prior to meeting my wife, but realized how strong,reliable, economical, & able to take a beating & keep going usually well over 200K with MINIMAL work & regular maintance not to mention Horsepower pushouts. For all domestic worshipers when you are sick of sticking your money into domestics that don't run for crap unless its a V8, take the $1000 repair money & buy a cheap import for it may impress you. Lets not get it twisted I have been an F-Body 3rd Gen enthusiast for my whole life & being 26 have owned 7 in the last 8 years. I was raised in a FORD only home & took a liking to GM b/c of the differences. The Camaro & the T/A reminded me of the old muscle cars Cuda & Challenger, although they shared many basic platforms & body styles, they were Elite cars of their Era & distinguishable to ALL, just like the Camaro & T/A. Despite being on the same platform they allowed a person to slightly modify to allow uniqueness & difference for INDIVIDUALITY something Pontiac's "new vision" is lacking. If Camaro's were so much better then the T/A why was the T/A the SAME body style for a decade, as the Camaro, coincidence highly doubt. Mark my words in a few years, not one Pontiac model being produced today or tomorrow will be in production for 10 years. Pontiac will bring back the Trans Am when they are on the verge of folding as a last resort, hopefully they do not use the simple one track mind that is currently on the drawing board. They will look to move forward yet again when they are falling on their faces, as history WILL repeat itself.T/A all the way GO T/A FOREVER

P.S. To all who have been dogging Shenna all week I support her theory & her beliefs 100%. This is TRUTH not representation!!!!!
When the T/A comes out you can think of US, unless Pontiac would rather take a fall down the mountain they "think" they are climbing with their "new direction". Think of me MARTY
post #9 of 33 Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator

To the post above: Ok, I understand loving a car; but If someone wants to see a simple rebadged or tweaked camaro; then google it. I pay attention to not just the car but the company and other elements such as moving along. I designed the bird as nice gesture (because its not in the cards for a tran am) and some people may like to see different take from a global perpective.

Its 2007, GM is a global company. Pontiac is a company of cars, not a single car. If pontiac would make a RWD two door, a G8 coupe would be on target because the boys down under deserve a Monaro after working on our crown jewel. But by all means I designed the Firdbird with all thing considered into the design. The GTA name was chosen due to Pontaic current usage of "G" designations.

So to get hissy over an photochop that wont happen and from a person that doesnt work for GM design department; its a little extreme. The most of the member on here tend to be realistic and friendly, so Im sorry you feel that way.

But if it calms your soul, I spent 10 minutes to hare lipped, rebadge, and quad light a perfect good camaro; just for you.

So back to the thread. Ive spent the last hour revising the bird and I toned it down:

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq

Last edited by Jinx; 11-30-2007 at 01:15 AM.
post #10 of 33 Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member

I don't care much for the slant-eyed headlights..they remind me too much of Toyota..but other than that it is pretty spiffy.

But the orange/red one ontop is **** hot. I'd go for that. It's more like a redesigned 4th gen fbird than a 1st/2nd/3rd gen. And TBH, I like the 4th gen fbirds more than the 4th gen camaros .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page