Corvette Parts Vendors sometimes suck eggs. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Corvette Parts Vendors sometimes suck eggs.

I tried to help a friend out that has a mint 1987 Cutlass 442. He asked me about genuine GM belts. Obviously, it's a tough find, but I gathered up part numbers for him and led him to a Corvette supply house by the name of DocRebuild.com. I've never ordered anything from them, but they showed they had the belts in stock.

He ordered them directly from them, and got a couple of spares just in case. Old parts are tough to find for that year so you get what you can. The vendor wants to know the year of the Corvette. Pretty stupid if you're already ordering by p/n, so he simply put 1982 since that was the highest year. Doesn't matter, he's ordering by p/n. Paid with credit card. Then a couple of days later, his order is cancelled with no explanation.

Talk about an ASSHAT! If you're in business to pick and choose who to cancel orders on based on unfounded assumptions about customers instead of resolving issues or finding solutions for customers, well, he can stick his head up his azz. Never heard of someone selling parts to refuse to sell them to paying customers.

Last time I'll ever recommend this D**khole to anyone. Vendors with crappy attitudes out of the gate like this have no business being in business. The cheese-eating azz-monkey.

(It's just as well as things worked out for the good anyway, I found the belts he needed elsewhere, and for cheaper and they're on their way. Who needs this assclown?)

Here's an untouched email response to emails from Doug trying to explain he was only trying to obtain original belts for his 87 Olds showcar. The audacity of pinhead vendors like this make me puke. Email originally landed in his spam folder so he never saw it until today. Go figure. EDIT- Actually it's a compilation of both emails he sent, the second one actually starts after the 24 hour cancellation threat.

Quote:
As far as I can determine - neither of the belts you ordered is actually used on 1982 Corvette and certainly not 3 of each. Methinks they are not intended for Corvette – or a substitute for another model – therefore there is no guarantee other than they are Genuine GM made in the USA, not reproduction. Certainly we will not send 3 of the same so as to pick which one meets some NCRS criteria for font, ink color, or other cosmetic finish. We sell on fit, function & quality – not some 3rd party invented inaccurate judging guide.

I don’t support NCRS cosmetic consignment shoppers. Therefore, if you want these genuine GM belts with the original packing sleeves, I will sell them as a FINAL sale – but not on a credit card. If you want these, send a US postal Money Order.

I’ll wait 24 hours for your response & then delete this order.

Since I don’t want to waste further effort – here is the final time I will write you anything.

You obviously received that email, because now you admit to ordering for a 1987 Olds instead of a 1982 Corvette. All of the above instruction still apply – except for the quantities available.

We only have 2 GM belts 9433743 at 30.00 and 1 GM belt 9433764 at 27.75. Read this carefully if you actually want these.

Two 9433743 at 30.00 = 60.00

One 9433764 at 27.75 = 27.75

Shipping = 7.99

Insurance = 1.80

TOTAL = $97.54

Since you have a problem with veracity: i.e. you lied to me twice. First about the year & make of the model & Two about receiving the notice 24 hours prior to cancellation. Therefore - I will not accept anything but a US Postal Money Order for $97.54 to the address listed in the right column of the home page. This method of payment & delivery will ensure no risk of mail fraud – a Federal offense.

If that does not meet with your approval you can go away. I will hold these item aside for you for 5 days, as I doubt your reliability. First come, first served. If you don’t want do as I say or if you want to argue – join a debating team. I own this company entering our 35th year.

This matter is closed. If & when your US Postal Money Order arrives I’ll know you are serious & will promptly ship these items.

DocRebuild – I don’t lie, nor do I suffer fools & play silly games.
All that and a D**KHEAD too!! How does he find the time...

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.

Last edited by el ess X; 04-15-2012 at 10:11 PM.
post #2 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 AM

Garage
Wow. I'm shocked anyone would go so far out of their way to be such a D-head. It's like he expects you to use these belts for some kind of illicit activities..... just laugh and move on.

K&N Typhoon CAI * Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust * Hurst Short Throw Shifter * Black Phantom Grille * Pioneer AVH-P8400BH - Scosche Dash Kit - Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 - Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP, T400-4, T1D215, T1692, T2652-S - SubThump 15" Camaro box - Dynamat Extreme - Stinger & Kicker RCA's - Monster, Tsunami, Streetwires, Scosche, and Kicker wiring - Stinger Distribution blocks - Tsunami Breakers - Tsunami and Rockford Fosgate set screw terminals
post #3 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Guess we know who was picked on a lot when he was a kid.....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #4 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

Glad you posted this story. As an old vette owner I won't buy valve stem caps from that clown.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #5 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

He seems to have a reputation for being abrasive and rude with customers on corvetteforum.com, but they give him a pass for being a "name" in the community and a purveyor of hard to find parts.

You might find this interesting
Corvette Forum ...

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Wow! Arrogant and cocky and rude and #%%^&*(O

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #7 of 9 Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Garage
His choice of words would put my 8th grade english teacher turning over in her grave! Sounds very uneducated.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #8 of 9 Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
He seems to have a reputation for being abrasive and rude with customers on corvetteforum.com, but they give him a pass for being a "name" in the community and a purveyor of hard to find parts.

You might find this interesting
Corvette Forum ...
Wow. Imagine how rich he could be if he wasn't such a d**kcheese. He'd probably double his orders. He's only hurting himself as far as his business, but he's too stupid to realize it.

He actually sounds more like those abrasive internet arguers. He MAY be correct, but is not humble enough to leave it alone once he says his piece. One of those "I MUST be correct and everyone else is wrong, and I won't let it go until I've changed everyone else's thinking to match my own" kind of idiots.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 PM

WOW...as a vendor myself I am just in shock about this and how arrogant and out of touch some people can be. We pride ourselves on amazing customer service and the best prices coupled with lightning fast shipping and could never see myself or anyone at our company doing anything like that.

When we get orders, we fill them and ship them, not decide if it's truly meant for the car it was purchased for.

I am just in shock here......wow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page