I need some input for a paper - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I need some input for a paper

Hi everybody,

I am in the middle of writing a paper (Due Thursday) for my anthropology 101 class, where I need to write about a specific culture. I chose the car community (not necessarily online), but I am a couple pages short at the moment.

-What is your favorite part of the car community?
-Would you consider it a social community?
-How often do you go to meets, Cars and Coffee, clubs, etc.
-Are you a part of any clubs?
-What does your car mean to you?

I will appreciate anything you all will say! It doesn't have to follow my questions.

I really appreciate the help, thank you all in advance

-Kyle
post #2 of 14 Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
This site is my car club. I like the interaction with folks who have the same automotive interests that I have. My Camaro is more than a car, it's an expression of who I am. Psychoanalyze that!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #3 of 14 Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Kyle
My Camaro is a middle age crises under control, could be worse. Yes I try to go to all of the Camaro outings but since I work on weekends I am limited to just Thursday nights and Friday night. I am a member of the Lonestar Camaro Club in N Texas and like everyone of it's members but wouldn't really call it a social thing.

I enjoy keeping in touch with all of our members here as much as anything else, there are a lot of good people here that have become a second family to me.

Does this help?
J W

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #4 of 14 Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Now I know why you came back

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
This site is my car club. I like the interaction with folks who have the same automotive interests that I have. My Camaro is more than a car, it's an expression of who I am. Psychoanalyze that!
Thank you! That is a good line that it is an expression of who you are, it shows that car enthusiasts do not think of their car as just a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
Kyle
My Camaro is a middle age crises under control, could be worse. Yes I try to go to all of the Camaro outings but since I work on weekends I am limited to just Thursday nights and Friday night. I am a member of the Lonestar Camaro Club in N Texas and like everyone of it's members but wouldn't really call it a social thing.

I enjoy keeping in touch with all of our members here as much as anything else, there are a lot of good people here that have become a second family to me.

Does this help?
J W
It does help, you considering it a second family really shows how strong the car community can be. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
Now I know why you came back
Haha not quite
post #6 of 14 Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
For us my our (my son and me) Camaro is a father and son thing, it allows us to bond some. Me personaly, its an extention of my youth, since i got my first Camaro in 1977, a beater 68 model..and its my 5th Camaro and a 5th gen at that...

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member

- I don't always have to be the only one in the room that can drive stick... or that knows how to work on my car

- Yes, but there are many sub-communities within that community, it is interesting to observe them, but the 20 year olds hell bent on turboing their mother's civic shouldn't count.

- not so much recently, too hard to get up on sunday morning to hang out with the old guys, and i get bored of honda civics and the young crowd at the nightly meets pretty quick. used to go once a month or so though

- nope, just this forum

- I suppose the best way to describe it is a bond between father and son, i spent my summer rebuilding the jeep with my dad, i've put enough money into it in repairs to easily justify selling it, but the sentimental part of me won't do it.

post #8 of 14 Old 04-26-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
For us my our (my son and me) Camaro is a father and son thing, it allows us to bond some. Me personaly, its an extention of my youth, since i got my first Camaro in 1977, a beater 68 model..and its my 5th Camaro and a 5th gen at that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedcorvette View Post
- I don't always have to be the only one in the room that can drive stick... or that knows how to work on my car

- Yes, but there are many sub-communities within that community, it is interesting to observe them, but the 20 year olds hell bent on turboing their mother's civic shouldn't count.

- not so much recently, too hard to get up on sunday morning to hang out with the old guys, and i get bored of honda civics and the young crowd at the nightly meets pretty quick. used to go once a month or so though

- nope, just this forum

- I suppose the best way to describe it is a bond between father and son, i spent my summer rebuilding the jeep with my dad, i've put enough money into it in repairs to easily justify selling it, but the sentimental part of me won't do it.
You guys both have good stories about the bonds and sentimental value your cars have provided. Thank you very much, I was able to get a lot out of these.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
How's the paper going Kyle?
I totally bombed my final tonight...apparently I slept through the entire semester...lol.

Last edited by Envy; 04-26-2012 at 08:35 AM.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
You guys both have good stories about the bonds and sentimental value your cars have provided. Thank you very much, I was able to get a lot out of these.
no prob, if you need more on the resto let me know, i'm always willing to talk about my cars

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page