Finally painted my 360. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Finally painted my 360.

Ever since I got my 360 in February 06 I've wanted to paint it black. I still want to tape off the sides for some gloss black flames. What do you think? (sorry for the pic quality. My camera's batteries are dead so I had to use my Cell)

post #2 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 AM

Looks nice. was that white version of the 360? Cause if you had taped off the disk tray, and any other "silver" parts....That would have looked friggin' awesome!

Still great-looking now, though

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the Wall, Torque is how far you take it with you."
post #3 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned

It was the white version. When my second 360 failed and they sent me a replacement, it was the core version, so I lost the fancy chrome disc tray. Not that big of a deal really. I'd thought about painting the new one chrome but I decided to stay all flat black since they don't make "elite's" with a black tray (BTW, only the core systems are all white. The Elite's and Premiums have the chrome disc tray and eject button). Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I want to add some gloss black accents, but other than that, I can't believe how evenly the flat laid down. It looks like it was meant to be that way. Oh, and I'm going to fill in the 360 logo on the side with green (maybe red).
post #4 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 PM

I just have a thing for silver on black. Really stands out to me.

But if you do fill in the "Xbox 360" on the side...make sure you grab metallic of whatever color you chose. That'll stand out much more than a flat paint, and produce a nice "wow" effect, imo.

And I'm a little curious...how did you paint it? Did you take the casing off of the 'guts' and paint it like that, or (stupid question) did you just spray the system as is...:p

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the Wall, Torque is how far you take it with you."
post #5 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The 360s case is pretty much a clamshell around a metal structure. It's EXTREMELY easy to take apart. Two fingers into the USB slot and pull for the face plate. Plastic tabs behind the plate which you can get with your fingers. The rear has plastic tabs too, but they're kind of hidden. I've found a steak knife works better than a flathead screwdriver (and doesn't mark up the plastic). Once you have that part off, there are 6 long screws and voila...The whole case is off. Super easy. I can take one apart in 5 mins. The only tools you need are a T-10 torx driver and a steak knife.

So yeah, I took it completely apart.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM

I'd paint mine but it is being replaced again. That and Santa is bringing the kids a PS3 which is already black.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

That looks nice man, now I wanna do the same to mine, but I lack the guts lol.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #8 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Oh but it's easy. A stab with a knife here, and a stab with a knife there. Yank the shell this way, then pull that way...really elementary.

j/k Devryn.

post #9 of 9 Old 12-02-2007, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Well I'd hacked my old one, and to copy games I had to take it apart and plug it into a SATA port on my Mobo. I got REAL good at taking it apart. This time I even retained the warranty sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page