Mr. Rookie Police Man Did Not Like My Halo Lights!....But Then He Did! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Mr. Rookie Police Man Did Not Like My Halo Lights!....But Then He Did!

So last Sunday I pick HELICITY up from my installer! I had my Oracle Color Shift 2.0 Halos and fogs from HALO KIT - Custom Headlights installed. I am driving home last night from the car wash around 5:30pm with my solid green Halos on. Here I am just cruising along, actually probably slower then the 45mph speed limit. And there it is in my rear view mirror flashing blue lights!

I pull over and up to my driver side window comes 20 year old cop if that accompanied by female training officer on my passenger window. Aggressively toned I get first words "License and Registration!" I ask, "Whats the problem officer?" He Replies "How many cars do you see driving on the road with green lights!" I replied "Not that many but more than flashing blue lights behind me!"

I then plea my case that police officer friends of mine including a State Trooper I spoke with said it is all discretion of the officer but the unwritten law was if you stay away from Blues and Reds and no flashing or osculating affects you should be ok. And if you do get pulled over it is most likely just a reason in hopes of finding something more to get you on.

So long story short, He comes back and gives me a warning telling me I am going to catch a lot of crap for driving around with them on...I asked him to go to the front of my car and asked ok then how about this color, or this color, or this color...I got a smerk and I ended with I will definitely stay away from this color as I put on the strobbing red and blue police car mode..I finally got the smile and was told those are pretty kewl and different but I would drive with white and save the colors for shows and parking and off I went with my warning...LMAO

I dont know what the big deal is with lighting....I mean I can totally understand the blue or even red and totally see the flashing part...But here we are in the day and error of people driving with cell phones, text messaging, computers on cars etc and they want to bust balls for accent lighting.

They way I look at it and plea it...It makes other drivers aware of you and truly believe it adds safety! Just my opinion. But I am not going to be a hypocrite and say that maybe its a distraction to other drivers as well. But I think there are alot more distractions then a car driving by with colored halo lights.

So has anyone had any issues with after market lighting. I hope to post some pictures soon of the lights! What a great mod to add to your ride if your looking for a really sharp looking upgrade. I have got a lot of compliments in just the week I have had them. Great product from HALO KIT - Custom Headlights.

Oh and to end, I drove around today again on purpose with my greens and also purple and past a few police cars and no blue lights. So it is going to be discretion and if it does happen I will plea my case again and hope for the best!

Helicity!
post #2 of 18 Old 05-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
What state are you in..

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Massachusetts.........
post #4 of 18 Old 05-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I had a local cop stop me because of my led rapid fire brake lights, but he was cool about it. That was about 2 years ago but now you see them on a lot of cars and trucks.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #5 of 18 Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM

I personally don't want any reason for the police to pull me over. I saw someone around here driving around with green halos on. While I noticed them. I said "That is a good way to get pulled over" your statement does confirm that this is the case.

I also made sure when I updated the tail lamps and head lamps on my Camry, that it had the DOT stamp on them. If it doesn't have that stamp, I'm not going to chance it.

That aside colored halos are cool for shows.

Kind of a side topic. I read that "red" would actually be the best color for foglights. Too bad it is only to be used on the front of emergency vehicles. That is why a lot of foglights are amber.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Support MC & Troops

Real bright white is nice, didn't Oracle make some we could change colors tho.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #7 of 18 Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Yes HotRod,

That is what I have the Oracle Color Shifting 2.0...I happen to have the Green on which looks really nice as well. They all do..I actually think Red looks best on my car but unfortunately that and Blue is the unwritten rule and to stay away from. But I spoke with another police officer today and he said it is all discretion and if he pulls some one over it is a reason to look for something bigger. That seems to be the M.O I am hearing from most police officers. If your clean you will most likely get a warning but stay away from flashing....But **** the Oracle color shifts look awesome! I love how I can change colors, motion fade, strobe etc!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...-53-13_751.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...-53-38_692.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...-53-58_593.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...-54-18_909.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...-55-09_978.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...-55-42_785.jpg

Last edited by Helicity; 05-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Support MC & Troops

Thx much, for sharing... Me wife would luv those purple one's... I like the teal color....
...I really like that you got the color changing ones those are cool !
Yep... out here it just gives our police a reason to look for something bigger to ticket you for,
that's why I like the color changing ones that you can control

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 18 Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr

Garage
The lights look great. That's a funny story. Not as bad as those Mass Registry Guys. I've seen them get tape measures out to measure bumper heights, carpenter squares to determine wheel/wheelwell clearance and pop people for having something hanging from the rearview. I also believe it was a registry guy who arrested the corvette owner who's vin tag was screwed into the doorframe the way they used to come from the factory in 1953-54. The officer was unaware they came that way instead of riveted, arrested the driver and confiscated the car for vin tag altering - felony charges. oops.

I've heard of retired registry cops dying of heart attacks after moving to Florida and seeing all the non-infractions there that would be infractions in Mass.

If I remember correctly don't private trucks with snowplows display a green flashing light while working with that crazy white stuff that falls up there? Like you say, it's to get attention without being a distraction.

Lionel Trains- "A lifetime of Happiness"

New to computers and forums, but a Camaro and Firebird enthusiast/owner for 30 years.

68 RS/SS 4spd A/C Convert-USA FUN, Owned since 1978.
92 Z28 25th Anniversary 350-RSKY BZ,
91 Z28 Convertible-OPENZ (gone but not forgotten)
02 Blackbird WS-6 Convertible- SR-71
<<<< Yes, click- View My FQuick Garage
post #10 of 18 Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Too funny. I would most likely keep the green on all the time.

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page