New APEX Tail LIghts Installed! VIDEO ATTACHED! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

New APEX Tail LIghts Installed! VIDEO ATTACHED!

Just wanted to share the latest upgrade with you all. Installed these last night. Video link is provided below.

These Tail lights are from 2010-11 Camaro Sequential LED Rear Lamps with Rapid Fire and Afterburner

These are installed on my 2012 Chevy Camaro. The install overall was fairly simple. It is a plug n' play procedure. Its a matter of taking the Chrome bezels off the lamps removing 3 (10mm) nuts on each tail lamp. NOTE: The bottom 10mm on each outer tail light is virtually impossible to loosen with a socket. Highly recommend a long open end wrench.

After removing the original tail lights its just a matter of running the provided plug n' play wire harness from one tail light to the other. You will put each connector through the rubber grommet and plug it all in. The directions provided are very detailed so need to write an extensive "How To" Though I would like to make a couple of notes that I feel would be helpful.

1) Buy a panel removing tool from your local auto store. Very helpful removing all the tabs that hold down your tail light covers and carpet.

2) Be very careful removing the chrome bezels. Just push down the top two tabs and get the bezel to pop out just enough. Then take a small flat head screw driver out it inside a microfiber towel so you don't scratch them and slowly walk and twist your screwdriver along the inner part of the bezles. Very simple! Then they just snap right back in up on completion

3) VERY IMPORTANT! Each tail light comes with little dip switches inside the lamps to be set for either a normal factory like braking system or switched so you can have the rapid fire and sequential turn signals. Make sure they are set to what you want because you will have to take the lights out to set all your switches! ( I learned this the hard way)

4) Install your original Bulb Sockets onto your new tail lights prior to installing them it makes life a lot easier..There is not a lot of room to work with when the lights are installed.

NOTE: You can download the PDF Instructions from there site if you would like to see the full step by step process.

Out side of that its fairly simple, give yourself a couple of hours and when all is said and done you will have one sweet looking breaking and turn signal system. Great product, very sharp looking. A great add on to your Camaro.

If anyone is considering getting these and would like more info on my install experience just PM me and I will be more than happy to try and help make your install go smooth and quickly.

Thank you Apex!

VIDEO LINK:

"HELICITY"
post #2 of 2 Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Nice install, and welcome to the club!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page