my new 2012 Tahoe with some goodies! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

my new 2012 Tahoe with some goodies!

so i ended up selling my Hummer about 2 weeks ago. called my guy at Lavery chevrolet and he had me my new truck in less than 1 day.I told him i wanted white with black leather, sunroof, 4x4, rear dvd and it had to have Heated memory seats. when he got it he didnt know if it had the heated memory seats and i told him, as small as this is, it could be a deal breaker if it didnt have it. luckily, when they got it in...it did have it. Its a 2012 Tahoe LT with 12,000 miles on it. really a nice truck. black leather interior. rear dvd player 4x4 of course. no nav though. not sure if i want to do an aftermarket kit or not. But, it came with these ugly 17" stock wheels.

so as soon as i got the truck, i ordered some factory 22" chrome wheels from a dealer on ebay. come with 1 year warranty. tpms and lug nuts all from gm.

i noticed the truck sat lower than my uncles tahoe with 20" wheels on it, so i measures the heigh before and after the 22" wheels. and the wheels actually raised the truck up about 1/2" up front and 3/4" in the rear.
so now, i have the truck in the dealership and they are installing some more new parts to kinda fix that. i ordered the Pedders GMT900 lowering spring kit with bump stops, sway bar end links and new swat bar bushings. this truck is gonna handle like crazy! and look **** good too! as soon as i get it back i will upload the pictures for you to see.

windows are getting tinted tomorrow night. 20% front and limo in the rear.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium

Last edited by 2010_5thgen; 06-07-2012 at 12:07 PM.
post #2 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member

Looks pretty awesome but I'm curious.... You're lowering a four wheel drive SUV?!!? Am I understanding that correctly??
post #3 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Lowering, leveling. Whatever you wanna call it. The back end sits higher than my liking. And pedders coil overs give it a great stance and gets rid of a lot of the wheel gap. I'll post pictures when it's done. It just looks way better. And it's only 4 wheel drive when you use it. It's 2 wheel drive 90% of the time.

Brixton Forged
post #4 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Here it is! all finished. this truck drives just like stock, but handles like a car! im pretty impressed. i never thought that this could be done with an SUV...especially this big. its exactly what i have been wanting out of an SUV. my last lowered suv was my 02 escalade. i used eibach springs on it. it was a much more rough ride, but it handled very well. this tahoe though...blows that thing out of the water. much more plush, yet firm....great job Pedders and Spitzer CHevrolet. thanks Blaise!

Brixton Forged
post #5 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Very nice Nick! I love the new wheels and the Pedders definitely improved the look.
post #6 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks. How was your vacation?

Brixton Forged
post #7 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

some more pictures

in between the spokes is actually a textured grey. not sure how they did it, but these wheels look really good up close. kinda reminds me of how the old STS wheels used to be.

Brixton Forged
post #8 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

after the windows get tinted tomorrow, i have to take it in monday to get some stuff painted. theres a small chip on the passanger side door they have to repair, and im going to have them paint the gold bowties white and fill in the holes where a plate was mounted up front and repaint it.

Brixton Forged
post #9 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
Thanks. How was your vacation?
It was totally awesome so I booked a week for next year at the same place. I'm already counting the days...lol.
post #10 of 17 Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I wanna go!

Brixton Forged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page