Coming To a City Near You..... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 06-28-2012, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Exclamation Coming To a City Near You.....

The 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour.....

Put in for vacation time now, because you won’t want to miss out on the 2013 HOT ROD Power Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance.

Venues and routes will be announced later, but you can start planning your wardrobe now:

Saturday June 1: Arlington, TX
(but you/we knew that already, right?)

Sunday June 2: Texarkana, AR
(Texarkana is a city in two states, half Texas, half Arkansas.)

Monday June 3: Little Rock, AR
(Ever heard of the “Climber Motorcar”? It’s the only car ever manufactured in Arkansas. Maybe we’ll see one!)

Tuesday June 4: Memphis, TN
(Elvis and BBQ, and Memphis Motorsports Park?!? What more do you need?)

Wednesday June 5: Birmingham (Hoover), AL
(The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum is worth a visit!)

Thursday June 6: Chattanooga, TN
(The home of Coker Tire, you can expect a warm welcome here.)

Friday June 7: Charlotte, NC
(If you don’t know why Charlotte, NC is a cool place for car fans, you might be reading the wrong website.)

Hopefully I'll have the chance and opportunity to meet some of the members here along the way..... After all, Jade & I will be participating once again. All Hotel Rooms are Reserved....
post #2 of 17 Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 AM

I saw your car at the Gasden First Friday this summer. Very nice car
I made one stop on the Power Tour back in 2000.
Since I have had my 2010 Camaro I did 2 stops on the 2010 Power Tour, 2 stops on the 2011 tour and plan on long hauling the 2013 Tour.

post #3 of 17 Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
You can count me in for the first 6 days Bucky. I'll head home after Chattanooga though because Charlotte is taking me way too far away for that return trip home. And I think we'll take the Shelby to the first 3 days too so this is gonna be a lot of fun.
post #4 of 17 Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
so how does it work to do like three stops, do you have to register or just show up and what would be the cost or is there a cost. Thinking about doing Memphis, to birmingham to chatanooga...then home...

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #5 of 17 Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Support MC & Troops

Still waiting for pics of his tour..
Guapo..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #6 of 17 Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Still waiting for pics of his tour..
Guapo..
No one went this year HotRod...and it doesn't happen again until next year so you'll be waiting just a little while for those pictures. But I do promise to deliver when the time comes.

If you would like to see pictures from previous Power Tours...here is a link to a page with links to pictures from each year...

http://www.mytrain.com/powertour.html

Last edited by Envy; 11-18-2012 at 03:05 AM.
post #7 of 17 Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
so how does it work to do like three stops, do you have to register or just show up and what would be the cost or is there a cost. Thinking about doing Memphis, to birmingham to chatanooga...then home...
Here's a link to the page that has all the info about registration and hotel reservations Guapo...

2013 Power Tour Dates and Cities Announced - HOT ROD Magazine

I'm all registered and I'm definitely going.
post #8 of 17 Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What's up gang?!?! Sorry I've been MIA, somehow I completely missed my own darn thread.

Envy- thank's for posting the link to Hot Rod's website. I'm going to post another link that is much better here shortly.... But, in the meantime here are some heads up:

1) The tour won't leave Dallas until Sunday morning to head to Texarkana. It's usually a 4-6 hour drive because we take back roads, and there are stops along the way.

2) You don't have to attend the drivers meeting each morning. You are free to venture out on your own, or with your own group. If you do attend the drivers meeting, there is Always a HUGE traffic jam leaving. The point of the drivers meeting is to get last minute changes, if any, and construction updates.

3) Guapo, this is for you; If you're going to do 3 stops, it's cheaper to go ahead and register as a Long Hauler. That way, you get all the freebies that the vendors give out. Your credentials are different than those that do one stop, so you get more perks.

4) It's the largest rolling car show and you'll have a BLAST!!! It's quite addicting, and the people you meet are truly amazing. With that being said, it's not about the Power Tour, it's about the PEOPLE!! Hot Rod has nothing to do with the route or the venues; that is ALL Family Events. So, complaining about the route or stops will not do any good. At the end of the day, it's about the money!!

5) Hotrod- I didn't make it this year. However, I can post pictures of the 3 other tours that Jade & I have done. We will make the 2013 tour and I can't wait. Envy, if anyway possible, I'm begging you to go to Charlotte. Getting pictures of Envy on the ONLY 4-Wide dragstrip in the world would be priceless!!

If anyone wants, PM or email me and I'll tell you where I'm staying. We all have to get together for this tour....
post #9 of 17 Old 11-18-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Here's an awesome link and website. I'm a member and some of the best gear heads you can ask for. We have a "countdown" for the the tour each year!!!

Unofficial Hot Rod Power Tour Board
post #10 of 17 Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I wish i could make it,,, one year i will. I just work so much

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page