chrysler 200 tries to pick on challenger... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 07-18-2012, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

chrysler 200 tries to pick on challenger...

No street racing stories allowed, so i won't get into details here, but i was up in colorado the other week, and was coming back from a nice night bowling with some buddies around midnight, cruising about 5 over but passing most everybody, because for some reason ppl in colorado love to drive 5 under. Anyways, some chrysler 200 is drooling along at 5 under or so, i go by him on the left, or so i think, but when i go to put my blinker on to change lanes i realize he's still there, and he's boxed me in with a truck in front of me, i was pissed, but didn't do anything too crazy, cut behind him and got out front, now i'm in the right lane, this guy still hanging on my back door for some reason and i start getting angry.. story ended with him giving me some space...

point being, what's the deal with people that can't let you drive? the little 200 didn't have a chance anyways, and its not like i was going fast enough for them to use me as a rabbit, not that he gave me any space, i don't mind people checking out my car, but boxing me in and holding me there... that's just begging for a beating.. i dunno

-what really gets me is that they probably paid as much for that car as i did for the challenger. if you wanna see a car perform, buy your own, take it to the strip.. dont f- with me while i'm driving

Last edited by thedcorvette; 07-18-2012 at 06:23 PM.
post #2 of 26 Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM
See You On Course

I've noticed so many people driving slower than the speed limit lately, too. It's so weird.

I'm usually really patient with people on the highway. There's a lot of oblivious drivers. I follow my rules, 5 over, move left to pass, move right when I can, look way ahead and figure out ways through possible traffic. I don't pass on the right unless it's someone that doesn't move over with a subtle close up in their mirror.

But what will set me off is coming up in the left lane on some slower cars passing an even slower car, and having some a-hat come up and pass the cars on the right and jump the line. I will then go out of my way to make sure I pass that person, and subtly lock them in tight places.

How is passing a line of patiently waiting cars any different than jumping in line at a grocery store?

Now, if you're driving an Ambulance, or a government limo with a General and 2 nuns in the back, that's different. I think it comes down to the fact that it's disrespectful, and that always bugs me. I'm only accidentally disrespectful.

</rant>

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #3 of 26 Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I don't like it when they drive 5-10 under, but speed up as I start passing. It's like they want to see what I'm going to do. Usually, I punch it and go on around, but I have let off and fallen in behind them again. Some drivers are just azzes, especially around muscle and sports cars.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #4 of 26 Old 07-19-2012, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk View Post
I don't like it when they drive 5-10 under, but speed up as I start passing. It's like they want to see what I'm going to do. Usually, I punch it and go on around, but I have let off and fallen in behind them again. Some drivers are just azzes, especially around muscle and sports cars.
yea, i did this and the guy still sped up to catch me. Really irked me because i was signalling to get over into the lane and he parked the pos right there

post #5 of 26 Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member

I dont have any examples of my own, but when I was in court for a ridiculous charge (I wont get into that..) somebody else was there for passing somebody who was going over the speed limit. The guy he passed was going 50 in the 65 on a two lane highway but when he went to the oncoming lane to pass, the guy in front sped up to around 70. That happened he said four times, then he finally just did what it took to pass the jerk and thats when a cop on the side of the road got him. Ended up with a $300+ charge
post #6 of 26 Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Garage
I see it all the time..In my Z/28 and my 370Z..

I used to be the teacher, and they were about to get "schooled", but I will leave that for the younger people now days..

If they press the point on Highway 5 in California, I will usually just take an exit and get back on.

If someone really messes with me, and follows me into a parking area, I will ask them if they have a spare 500 bucks that they want to road course race for...I can meet them at Infineon race way and settle it legally..5 laps..Plenty of time for their brakes to fade..

But on the street , I just cannot do what i did 20 or 30 years ago..just too much to lose...

post #7 of 26 Old 07-20-2012, 02:37 PM

There is always one clown that has something to prove.

Down here in Houston, it is the dumbies in their diesels. They have seen one guy at a DHRA event run 12s in his diesel and now think they automatically run 11s. BTW, I love diesels, just saying.

They are getting as bad as the Honda boys and the Challenger drivers.( did you see what I did there?)

I get challenged alot in my V and I usually just laugh at them and they do the Ricer fly by.

I seem to have more problems out of the non-V8 crowd than anything.

Oh well, I just chalk it up to a compliment.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #8 of 26 Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Yep, a compliment....a jealous compliment!!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #9 of 26 Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
It seems that while going to work everyone just has to be an ass, when I drive the Camaro, when I drive the honda they just ignore me.. Go figure..

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #10 of 26 Old 07-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
It seems that while going to work everyone just has to be an ass, when I drive the Camaro, when I drive the honda they just ignore me.. Go figure..
I get the same treatment. Crowding, and trying to race, mostly by ricers, and the odd diesel pickup wanting to race. Oh, and don't forget the jealous, self-righteous Prius owners roadblocking me blocking my attempts to pass them while they're tying up traffic "hypermileing".

Buttheads.

They don't pull that crap when I'm in my Silverado. Well, the Prius nuts do, but the truck is large, and at 6300 lbs, has enough presence to intimidate them into relenting.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page