What is happening to MC?!?!?! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thumbs down What is happening to MC?!?!?!

I'm sure this is going to stir up a hornets' nest, but I have to ask, what in the living h*ll happened to Modern Camaro?!?! For years, and I've been a member since 2009 and a troll since 2008, this has been the place to come from up to date information on the new Camaro. But recently, within 6-12 months, it seems as if MC has started to lose sponsors and more importantly, long active members.

There seems to be no information on the homepage about the new DUSK LE Camaro, nor any information about the new changes for 2013. But, for the FIRST time ever, I decide to visit Camaro5 and behold, they have videos posted of the new exhaust that was adopted from the ZL1 that can be optioned on the 2013 models.

I've seen this place grow quite a bit the last 4, almost 5 years since I've been lurking, but I believe it's time to move on. It's sad when the only thing you can find on the homepage is the "Member of the Month". H*ll, how many original MOTM's are still active on here?!?!?

I'll check in from time to time, but until things change, useful information is actually being put out, and/or updates on the Camaro, this is my farewell.
post #2 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Noooooo Bucky...not you too!!! I'm going to be soooo lonely here. I'm glad somebody else finally said something about this and it didn't have to be me for a change. I think it so sad to see what's become of my favorite place on the internet.

The condition of the site bothers me enough that I contacted the administrator months ago and Helena said that she would fix the sponsor area and do some other stuff but it's been six months and she hasn't done a thing. If I knew who her boss was...I would be contacting him/her because I'm pretty sure Autoguide didn't buy this site just so a lack of attention could run it into the ground.

And I'm frickin' sick of seeing Member of the Months getting nominated that don't contribute to the site and a couple I've never even heard of until they are nominated...and then they win? I practically live here...lol...and if I don't know who you are...YOU AREN'T MUCH OF A CONTRIBUTOR...period! And then there's the overwhelming amount of none users (names I've never, ever seen before) that come out of nowhere to vote for these nominees...WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!

The homepage used to look so nice and be a great place with current news and information to pique new users interest. But now its just a list of MOTM that barely use the site and no new owner cares about that crap.

MC will always be my home but with no one to talk to and no questions to answer...there's often no reason for me to even sign in anymore.

Last edited by Envy; 07-24-2012 at 02:51 PM.
post #3 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
See You On Course

It must be my fault. I joined way back when, and just recently bought my Camaro, and became more active here, and now it's falling to pieces. I'll be away for a day, and come back on, and there's nothing but crickets chirping now.

And I totally agree with the MOTM stuff happening. People voting for others when they have less than 10 posts on the site is the same as buying an election with your rich friends. I personally wouldn't want to win that way. I like reading the bios on members when they win, but I'd rather read about active members who post here a lot and are helpful.

I really like the structure of this place, and the people who post here. The attitude and layout is much better than the "other" site IMO, but there's no activity here any more. What's up wit dat?

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #4 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Support MC & Troops

Sorry Bucky & Envy..CUONCRS.. I've been out of the loop..not much going on here and no one wants to talk..so I don't even check daily any more

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #5 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I added a new smiley to my collection awhile back because he reminded me of the site...lol

post #6 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Support MC & Troops

Luv your smileys Envy..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

*PROTESTING GM*
post #7 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Hillary, I completely agree with you. For starters, I don't mind calling something black or white, if in fact it's black or white. For years I've heard and read how people hated Camaro5, but in all honesty, just trolling around there today, I learned more about the 2013 model than I've learned on Modern Camaro the past 6 months!! And you're right, it's sad because MC used to be the first and only choice for a lot of people.... There is a reason that certain members don't post anymore and it's the same exact reason why I won't be around as much.

As for the MOTM, even though I don't own a 5th Gen, I remember when it was an honor. Now it seems that anybody can and will get nominated. Once again, we agree, because it's nothing more than a bunch of crap. Even though my post count is low, I'm always logged in and always reading, trying to gain knowledge. But, it's hard to gain knowledge when all we have on the home page is MOTM.

CUONCRS- I wouldn’t say it's your fault, as right around 2011, major changes started happening. This site has just been the titanic, slowly sinking every since Tim sold it. For the majority, I like the people here, but it'd be nice if there was information being disseminated and not just a bunch of people asking questions. We can post news about what all the other manufactures are doing, but we can't post the new changes for 2013, or the new editions that are coming out.....? WTF??

Hotrod, it is what it is. Unfortunately, I don't see this site ever going back to the way it was. It's sad when I can learn more from Camaro5 than I can from MC. I even checked out Camaro5150 that CamaroScotty got up and running...... Funny thing, a LOT of the screen names look familiar.
post #8 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Support MC & Troops

Yea..I guess I'll be here til the end.. even if I only post once n' a great while..
MC is my home and I'll never go back to C5.. I might stop by but thats it.. this is my home N' my family !

Its to bad your not going to be here much.. I'll probably miss you more than you'll miss me but
I'm here (when I can) if you ever need me

*PROTESTING GM*
post #9 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
ユキヒョウ

Being summertime I try to spend as much time outdoors, so forum time suffers.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #10 of 149 Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Of all the forums car/bike related this one seems to be a ghost town. I'll check in prolly once or twice a day and there seems to be little activity. Sponsors seem to post the most and auto news which most of the time is not Camaro related. Idk maybe it needs a kick in the ass lol

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page